Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
50 Words on Chinese Grand Prix
04-09-2017, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 06:14 AM by leonbray.)
50 Words on Chinese Grand Prix
Better late than never. 24 hours and not one comment. Rain, lack of practice running and the indiscretions of new graduates spiced up the event, resulting in some varied strategy calls. Lots of overtaking without the use of DRS. Mad Max aced it on lap 1 but his idiotic swerving when someone is trying to pass is going to cause a big issue one day. LCH was disappearing into the distance and was able to easily match the Ferrari when Seb got closer. Looks like the Mercedes is just toying with them.

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2017, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 10:38 AM by Neonzapper.)
RE: 50 Words on Chinese Grand Prix
(04-09-2017 06:56 PM)leonbray Wrote:  Better late than never. 24 hours and not one comment...
Leonbray, you just committed the ultimate personal affront to the King Moderator. Last September, the "50 words" thread was missing a day after the race, so I took it upon myself to post a 50 Words thread for which I received a chastising private message from Yaaay. I was informed that Ce He Sin is in charge of the 50 words thread- not me, and I was not to post it. He added two exclamation points for emphasis. So, I replied, "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

As for the "50 Words", let me tell you what everyone here seems to post after each race... "It was a boring race. The last 10 laps were the only excitement" (If this is all we keep hearing from this forum, then why do the members bother watching?) I doubt anyone could post that after this last race, but anything is possible.

I truly enjoy the podcasts for which I could never be banned.

With love,
Neonzapper

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
04-10-2017, 11:30 AM
I did find it amusing that both Hamilton and Vettel gushed about the fantastic rivalry and competition that they were experiencing.  Maybe I missed it, but didn't Lewis lead start-to-finish?  What competition?

Lastly, the podium ceremony provided some additional humor when Lewis called Max "this guy".  Vettel had to remind him "Max. His name is Max!".  Max then answered - You always call me 'that guy'.  Remember, in Australia Lewis complained "I can't pass this guy".  I really think Lewis didn't know Max's name until Vettel told him what it was.

Formula one gallery
https://www.flickr.com/photos/84938363@N...419697211/
04-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Lap of the race, Verstappen lap 1.
04-12-2017, 09:39 AM
As usual I think this highlighted that basing the success of the new rules on the first race was a little premature. Like many races in the past, less than ideal conditions and reduced practice make for a more interesting outcome.

Perhaps we should just do 2 day weekends with FP1, Quali on Saturday and race on Sunday to shake things up.

I hope we get to bikes and cars on alternate weekends soon.
04-13-2017, 04:27 AM
I always find Shanghai boring as hell, and even a damp start produced only a little Max-action. At least the grandstands were full (because they'd removed half of them).

Bahrain is never any better, sorry guys.

Regards,
Mark

"A man who took simple pleasure in making things work properly"
[Nigel Roebuck, writing of Bruce McLaren]

"Bruce McLaren was the best person I ever worked for. He was amazing"
[Howden Ganley, 12th September 2009]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canadian Grand Prix Photos eric4ok 5 207 07-14-2017 12:08 AM
Last Post: Koala