Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chase Carey: Formula 1 Chairman
09-19-2016, 08:12 PM
Chase Carey: Formula 1 Chairman
Chase Carey says, "You've got to understand what everybody wants and then find a path. "That is not a task for a committee, as they tend to become bureaucratic. But there also can't be a dictatorship, even if probably they are used to it."

[Image: 2yo3j9k.jpg]

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: Chase Carey: Formula 1 Chairman
that quote instantly give me zero hope for this person improving f1.

a) who is included in everyone?
b) there is no path toward what everyone wants, because different people want different things. of course.
c) it can't be a committee but it can't be a dictatorship either. you've said nothing. stop listing what won't work and tell me what will work.

he sounds like a politician. a string of empty platitudes. we need a journalist to get an interview and ask some real questions, but what are the odds of that ever happening?
09-20-2016, 11:16 AM
As mighty as the moustache is, I have trouble trusting someone with such a soup strainer.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
09-20-2016, 11:24 PM
(09-20-2016 11:16 AM)Yaaay Wrote:  As mighty as the moustache is, I have trouble trusting someone with such a soup strainer.

another solid point. what's he hiding under there???
09-21-2016, 03:23 PM
So what do you think is better (honestly curious, because I am not sure)?
The evil that you know, or the unknown variable?
At least w/ Bernie you knew that 85% of the things he said were to just get headlines.

[Image: 6p7ymog.jpg]
Copyright - Royal Dutch Dicky Graphic Design
09-21-2016, 08:04 PM
(09-21-2016 03:23 PM)Jackson Wrote:  So what do you think is better (honestly curious, because I am not sure)?
At least w/ Bernie you knew that 85% of the things he said were to just get headlines.

I think we are stuck with the evil we know until at least the end of 2017 - it will take that long to get any changes ready that require international licencing and infrastructure

It will be interesting to see what happens when the new teams agreement comes out in 2020.

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
09-22-2016, 12:11 AM
(09-21-2016 03:23 PM)Jackson Wrote:  So what do you think is better (honestly curious, because I am not sure)?

as someone who got so bored and irritated with the governance of f1 that he stopped watching f1 a few years ago, it's very easy for me to say i'd take the unknown variable.

i'd be happy if they decided to make f1 good again.
i'd be happy if they drove f1 to destruction and all those teams/money/drivers shifted (at least in part and probably mostly) to sports cars.
maintaining the status quo is the worst case scenario.