Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
F1 Takeover
09-12-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: F1 Takeover
(09-09-2016 09:19 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  upgrading their digital product is long overdue. as soon as you get things out of octogenarian hands, it becomes the obvious thing to do. i'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

talking about growth makes me nervous. f1 was too growth obsessed before (growing into asian markets that aren't interested, growing into more mainstream fanbases that aren't interested) and it caused f1 to be stretched and strained in my view. sometimes you're better off contracting a bit, better serving your current customers, improving the product, and letting the growth come naturally later. of course, that's a long game and most investors are only looking at the next quarter.

Hopefully it's growth by improving the media offerings rather than trying to play games with the sport/rules. There is an entire generation that doesn't like to consume media in the way F1 presents it.

Sorry to tell you Yaaay, but Hammy is F1's biggest asset in chasing that group, he's about the only driver that looks remotely like he fits the modern athlete profile and social media presence. There are going to be a lot more that are closer to that profile in the coming years if they want to break the US market and go after a younger audience.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: F1 Takeover
Yeah, we need more stuff like this: but next time the tiger needs to turn round and maul him a little.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply