Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bernie's Mother-In-Law Kidnapped
07-27-2016, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2016 01:08 AM by Neonzapper.)
Bernie's Mother-In-Law Kidnapped
So it says...

The mother-in-law of Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has been kidnapped in Brazil with criminals demanding a ransom of $36.5m (£28m), reports say.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36891829

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2016, 03:48 AM
RE: Bernie's Mother-In-Law Kidnapped
Apparently he left Hungary early. I hope she gets rescued but it is bizarre to have a mother in law that is young enough to be your daughter.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
07-27-2016, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2016 10:07 AM by Neonzapper.)
I can't help but think her kidnappers will never get away with this, and she will be found safe. By the media's involvement and international exposure, I'm guessing the police are involved with a rescue attempt vs. a ransom payoff. With this much exposure in a staunch racing venue, someone must have seen where she has been taken. The reward for information leading to her whereabouts has to be quite enticing.

07-27-2016, 10:13 AM
It wouldn't surprise me find out after this is over that Bernie threatens the state with cancelling their race due to the country being unsafe and that a significant financial penalty comes with that. It should motivate them to retrieve his MIL quickly and deal with the perpetrators harshly...or pay the ransom for him.
07-27-2016, 01:49 PM
(07-27-2016 10:13 AM)chemics Wrote:  It wouldn't surprise me find out after this is over that Bernie threatens the state with cancelling their race due to the country being unsafe and that a significant financial penalty comes with that. It should motivate them to retrieve his MIL quickly and deal with the perpetrators harshly...or pay the ransom for him.
+1 Bernie cancelled the 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix due to security and violence issues.

07-31-2016, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 11:08 PM by Neonzapper.)
She's free! No harm, no ransom paid, and both kidnappers in police custody.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36938252

Well, this puts another nail in Brazil's coffin. The zika virus, economic crisis, and kidnappings aren't going to help pay the country's debt from the Olympic venue.

Still, it's one of the top places I want to visit someday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Peter Windsor kidnapped? BretSV 5 1,726 10-13-2008 07:21 PM
Last Post: RBoulanger