Button
Raikkonen
Alonso
Palmer
Ericsson
Kyvatt
Haryanto
Nasr

Lots of candidates this year. Who will join Button and Alonso in the third porsche lmp car?

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 12:37 AM
RE: 2016 Silly Season
(06-09-2016 10:41 PM)leonbray Wrote:  Who will join Button and Alonso in the third porsche lmp car?

button would be so good in sports cars. alonso has immense talent, but i'm not sure that's the right fit for him.
06-10-2016, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 08:34 AM by Neonzapper.)
Alonso's dream has been to win Monaco, Le Mans, and the Indy 500. He won Monaco and has been itching to go to Le Mans.

In F1, Norman Nato might replace Kvyat and perhaps Stoffel Vandoorne would replace Button.

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
06-10-2016, 03:04 PM
(06-10-2016 08:18 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  Alonso's dream has been to win Monaco, Le Mans, and the Indy 500. He won Monaco and has been itching to go to Le Mans.

In F1, Norman Nato might replace Kvyat and perhaps Stoffel Vandoorne would replace Button.

I think Vandoorne will get a race seat at McLaren next year, most likely replacing Button. He is too good a talent for them to leave him on the sidelines.
07-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Kimi confirmed at Ferrari for another year. Jensen rumoured to be replacing Filipe at Williams

Massa
Button
Alonso
Palmer
Ericsson
Kyvatt
Haryanto
Nasr

Locator of Shruberies
07-08-2016, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 09:12 PM by Neonzapper.)
(07-08-2016 07:22 PM)leonbray Wrote:  Kimi confirmed at Ferrari for another year. Jensen rumoured to be replacing Filipe at Williams

Massa: His contract runs out this year, and said it would be sad for the country not to have any Brazilian F1 drivers next year.

Button: I agree with Leon - Williams next year.

Alonso: He stays. During today's practice, the camera was on Alonso in the McLaren garage. He was talking to someone and said, "...next year..." I rewound the conversation, but couldn't make out what he was talking about. Was it an indication he plans to be with McLaren next year? Who knows.

Palmer

Ericsson

Kvyat: Button's number two driver? Bottas isn't on Ferrari's radar any more.

Haryanto: Because of his secured seat for the remainder of this season, I say he stays for next season as well.

Nasr: Banco de Brazil financial trouble affects his sponsorship. The GP may be eliminated as well.

Gutiérrez: IMHO, he's out. Haas is already testing replacement drivers. Hard to believe he gets $2M this year.

07-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Sniff Petrol

Quote:There was good news for fans of moaning and missed opportunities today as Nico Rosberg signed to Mercedes for another two years.

‘Nico is delighted to secure a new Mercedes contract,’ said a spokesman for the Monafinnman driver. ‘And he is confident the team will continue to give him the car he needs in order to choke under pressure and not quite win another world championship.’

‘Of course, this is about more than the car, it is also about the team mate,’ continued the spokesman. ‘And Nico believes that in Lewis Hamilton he has someone he knows he can try to f*** with by being eerily calm, someone he can get really whiny about when things don’t go his way, and someone who can ultimately hand his arse to him, again.’

Rosberg’s new contract takes him to until the end of 2018, by which time he hopes to be able to get out of an F1 car without getting all tangled in the wires and tubes like a competition winner on a single-seater track day.

Locator of Shruberies
07-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Am I deluding myself to think this will make Hammy go sign for Manor or something?

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
07-23-2016, 05:50 PM
(07-23-2016 04:55 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  Am I deluding myself to think this will make Hammy go sign for Manor or something?

Marchionne is so delusional that he will sign Hammy for 2018 as a way to make Vettel faster and enable Ferrari to beat the silver cars

Locator of Shruberies
07-23-2016, 07:18 PM
(07-23-2016 05:50 PM)leonbray Wrote:  Marchionne is so delusional that he will sign Hammy for 2018 as a way to make Vettel faster and enable Ferrari to beat the silver cars

Yes, this is easier than organising a proper structure to make a race winning car.

It's like they all forget who Ross Brawn touched last...................

07-23-2016, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2016 10:49 PM by Neonzapper.)
It's early of course, but I could see Nico winning the world championship this year- and Merc is helping him. Before the season began, Lewis and Nico's crews were switched. There has been no sole blame assigned by Merc toward Nico during any of this season's tangles with Lewis. The last grand prix saw Nico purposely given radio help (because- without that help, Nico would most likely have been a DNF). And, while the driver's champion points are close, Merc must start Lewis from the back of the pack at some point - probably within the next 4 races. Toto was all smiles during the staged track-side press conference of Nico's extended 2-year contract signing.
---------------
Look for a shake-up in Ferrari, but with the aero and power unit management.

07-24-2016, 05:04 PM
(07-23-2016 10:47 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  It's early of course, but I could see Nico winning the world championship this year- and Merc is helping him. Before the season began, Lewis and Nico's crews were switched. There has been no sole blame assigned by Merc toward Nico during any of this season's tangles with Lewis. The last grand prix saw Nico purposely given radio help (because- without that help, Nico would most likely have been a DNF). And, while the driver's champion points are close, Merc must start Lewis from the back of the pack at some point - probably within the next 4 races. Toto was all smiles during the staged track-side press conference of Nico's extended 2-year contract signing.
---------------
Look for a shake-up in Ferrari, but with the aero and power unit management.

Still think that?

We'll see...

Regards,
Mark

"A man who took simple pleasure in making things work properly"
[Nigel Roebuck, writing of Bruce McLaren]

"Bruce McLaren was the best person I ever worked for. He was amazing"
[Howden Ganley, 12th September 2009]
07-24-2016, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2016 12:03 AM by Neonzapper.)
(07-24-2016 05:04 PM)drmarkf Wrote:  Still think that?

We'll see...
I think it's a fair silly season prediction for July. The drivers are doing their part. It looks like the aero and power unit need to stay afloat, but now Ferrari are only 1 point ahead of Red Bull. I don't think third place in Constructors is good for the team. I read somewhere that R. Brawn's name was tossed around.

In more silly season news: Van Doorne linked to Haryanto's seat (who runs out of money today).

07-27-2016, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2016 09:56 AM by Neonzapper.)
(07-24-2016 05:04 PM)drmarkf Wrote:  
(07-23-2016 10:47 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  Look for a shake-up in Ferrari, but with the aero and power unit management.

Still think that?

We'll see...
(This is FERRARI we're talking about)

TODAY: "FERRARI AND TECHNICAL DIRECTOR JAMES ALLISON HAVE JOINTLY DECIDED TO PART WAYS, THE TEAM ANNOUNCED WEDNESDAY..."

Allison departs the Italian squad three years after joining from Lotus. Mattia Binotto will take on the role of chief technical officer, having previously been power unit director.

"The Team would like to thank James for his commitment and sacrifice during the time spent together, and wishes him success and serenity for his future endeavors," said Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene.

Allison commented: "During the years I spent at Ferrari, at two different stages and covering different roles, I could get to know and appreciate the value of the team and of the people, women and men, which are part of it.

“I want to thank them all for the great professional and human experience we shared. I wish everybody a happy future with lots of success."

Allison’s departure comes amid a slightly disappointing campaign for the Scuderia, during which they have yet to register a victory.

http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headli...lison.html

07-27-2016, 10:36 AM
(This is FERRARI we're talking about)

Well I was talking about Merc. The issue with James has been known for ages.

I should have trimmed the quotation.

Regards,
Mark

07-27-2016, 12:17 PM
This is all to set things up for Hamilton to move there next year.

I hope.

07-27-2016, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2016 01:44 PM by Neonzapper.)
(07-27-2016 10:36 AM)drmarkf Wrote:  (This is FERRARI we're talking about)

Ah! I've been wondering if that is what you meant. Yes, it is hard to tell which driver is favored, but there has to be one of the two at Merc, and I just get this feeling Merc favors Nico.

(07-27-2016 12:17 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  This is all to set things up for Hamilton to move there next year. I hope.
Please don't write such things for me to read while I am at lunch. But, then again- Hamilton is a very good driver. Big Grin

07-27-2016, 01:53 PM
(07-27-2016 01:40 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  
(07-27-2016 10:36 AM)drmarkf Wrote:  (This is FERRARI we're talking about)

Ah! I've been wondering if that is what you meant. Yes, it is hard to tell which driver is favored, but there has to be one of the two at Merc, and I just get this feeling Merc favors Nico.

I just don't get it, LCH brings the titles and the fans, including being about the only driver with recognition in USA. Mercedes should be all over exploiting that for their marketing.
07-27-2016, 02:34 PM
That is a very good point!

07-28-2016, 05:45 AM
(07-27-2016 01:53 PM)chemics Wrote:  I just don't get it, LCH brings the titles and the fans, including being about the only driver with recognition in USA. Mercedes should be all over exploiting that for their marketing.

Yes, I'll be interested to see how much exposure LCH is getting when we're in Cali this September. JB is more prominent still in the UK, I'd say.

[BTW I'll also be interested to see how their version of Brexit is going (Donaldin???), plus the wildfire situation... We have a history of visiting places just before strife and natural disasters strike (Sri Lanka, Japan, Israel...). Just sayin']

Regards,
Mark

07-28-2016, 12:56 PM
(07-28-2016 05:45 AM)drmarkf Wrote:  I'll be interested to see how much exposure LCH is getting when we're in Cali this September. JB is more prominent still in the UK, I'd say.
Please remember you are going to America, Doc. Lewis who? Jenson who? Formula what?

07-29-2016, 10:35 AM
(07-28-2016 12:56 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  
(07-28-2016 05:45 AM)drmarkf Wrote:  I'll be interested to see how much exposure LCH is getting when we're in Cali this September. JB is more prominent still in the UK, I'd say.
Please remember you are going to America, Doc. Lewis who? Jenson who? Formula what?

Except Lewis is Bieber & Drake's friend, so there is some recognition.

It still amazes me that JB would be getting more exposure in the UK. The Brits really do hate anyone with success that is anything but conservative these days. There is this supposed longing for another James Hunt, but when anyone remotely flamboyant comes along they are a hate/resentment figure.
08-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Now - is this an invitation?

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-webs...-2017.html

Quote: .....team principal Claire Williams told Press Assoication Sport.

"He is a great talent in the car, but also outside of the car and we need a driver like him.

"We will own our driver line-up decision, and I am not sat here waiting for Ron Dennis to make his decision or for Jenson to make his decision.

Locator of Shruberies
08-02-2016, 08:27 PM
I predict Yaaay will be a HUGE Williams fan next year.

08-03-2016, 05:44 AM
Already am.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post