Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Williams
11-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Williams
TEAM WILLIAMS
Canada Billionaire, Lawrence Stroll is finding ways to help his son enter the world of F1. His 17-year-old, Lance Stroll has secured a job at Williams and is expected to involve plenty of mileage in older cars that are not covered by F1's in-season testing restrictions, as well as driving the team's simulator.

Team Williams is expected to retain Massa and Bottas for 2016.

Susie Wolff announced that she will retire at the end of this month.

Alex Lynn, Williams' development driver, is a contender to replace Adrian Sutil as reserve.

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2015, 10:15 AM
RE: Williams
(11-17-2015 09:00 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  TEAM WILLIAMS
Canada Billionaire, Lawrence Stroll is finding ways to help his son enter the world of F1. His 17-year-old, Lance Stroll has secured a job at Williams and is expected to involve plenty of mileage in older cars that are not covered by F1's in-season testing restrictions, as well as driving the team's simulator.

Alex Lynn, Williams' development driver, is a contender to replace Adrian Sutil as reserve.

That's a little odd given he is part of the Ferrari young driver program, but I guess money talks. He at least seems to have some decent speed in the series he has entered rather than just being well funded.
11-17-2015, 07:30 PM
While I am completely stoked to see Sir Patrick get his dong, we still need one for Murray and John!

[Image: 30t5es3.jpg]

Jenson will get his soon.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
11-17-2015, 10:04 PM
John Surtees must have really peed someone off

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
11-18-2015, 06:33 AM
(11-17-2015 10:04 PM)leonbray Wrote:  John Surtees must have really peed someone off

He got an MBE which was upgraded to an OBE recently I think.

Rumours have it that he was 'difficult' as a team owner (can anyone name a team owner who isn't?) but perhaps more significantly that other than running a car sales outfit he didn't do much Good Work after leaving F1.

The Henry Surtees Foundation will count strongly in his favour, but it's only been going about 5 years.

Regards,
Mark

"A man who took simple pleasure in making things work properly"
[Nigel Roebuck, writing of Bruce McLaren]

"Bruce McLaren was the best person I ever worked for. He was amazing"
[Howden Ganley, 12th September 2009]
11-18-2015, 06:41 AM
(11-17-2015 09:00 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  TEAM WILLIAMS

Susie to retire? When did she start?
11-18-2015, 07:10 AM
(11-17-2015 07:30 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  [Image: 30t5es3.jpg]

patrick "i pose like i'm holding up a severed" head
11-18-2015, 09:06 PM
At first, I thought it was a photo of Dr. Mark holding up a TAG Heuer Formula One watch he received from America. Smile

11-19-2015, 06:47 AM
I'm taking that as a compliment.

Regards,
Mark

11-19-2015, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2015 08:38 AM by Neonzapper.)
(11-19-2015 06:47 AM)drmarkf Wrote:  I'm taking that as a compliment.
You should - I admire you, Doc! Smile

(this post written while wearing my lowly, but loved TAG Formula One watch - with timer)

11-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Ha!

As I'm sure you are well aware, I think there's n'owt wrong with the TAG Formula One watches if that's what you want to/have got to spend.

Our Canadian friend wanted to mark his special birthday with something costing more, and I was trying to persuade him of the style (and financial) benefits of getting a vintage piece. Even if you negotiate a good deal, almost any brand new watch loses 25% of its value as you walk out of the door (Rolex and Patek Phillipe are the only exceptions, but they still lose some and they cost a bomb to begin with).

Regards,
Mark

11-19-2015, 12:01 PM
(11-19-2015 11:25 AM)drmarkf Wrote:  Ha!

As I'm sure you are well aware, I think there's n'owt wrong with the TAG Formula One watches if that's what you want to/have got to spend.

Our Canadian friend wanted to mark his special birthday with something costing more, and I was trying to persuade him of the style (and financial) benefits of getting a vintage piece. Even if you negotiate a good deal, almost any brand new watch loses 25% of its value as you walk out of the door (Rolex and Patek Phillipe are the only exceptions, but they still lose some and they cost a bomb to begin with).

I'm still not Canadian, I'm not organised enough to fill in the paperwork (and send them a big cheque). Just an Englishman in NS. Smile
11-20-2015, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2015 09:06 AM by Neonzapper.)
(11-19-2015 12:01 PM)chemics Wrote:  I'm still not Canadian, I'm not organised enough to fill in the paperwork (and send them a big cheque). Just an Englishman in NS. Smile
Englishmen are in Canada? We need to secure our border now!

PS - Team Williams dropped the appeal against the FIA for Massa's tire heat.

11-20-2015, 11:59 AM
(11-20-2015 08:59 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 12:01 PM)chemics Wrote:  I'm still not Canadian, I'm not organised enough to fill in the paperwork (and send them a big cheque). Just an Englishman in NS. Smile
Englishmen are in Canada? We need to secure our border now!

PS - Team Williams dropped the appeal against the FIA for Massa's tire heat.

Haha, don't think we aren't considering a wall if Trump gets anywhere near the presidency!
04-06-2016, 08:03 AM
This is a nice website stroll into the history of Team Williams...

http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/about/our-history

04-18-2016, 08:26 PM
I find the longevity of Felipe Massa's career intriguing. He seems to still have good pace. I know its early in the year but I can't see any reason for Williams to replace him.

Bottas seems to be struggling a bit this year. While he might (again) beat Massa on points, I wonder whether the fact that he can't convincingly beat Massa will turn him into a Hulkenberg.

"Woof Woof"
[Image: jkvnl4.jpg]
04-18-2016, 09:09 PM
(04-18-2016 08:26 PM)trickydicky Wrote:  I find the longevity of Felipe Massa's career intriguing. He seems to still have good pace. I know its early in the year but I can't see any reason for Williams to replace him.

Bottas seems to be struggling a bit this year. While he might (again) beat Massa on points, I wonder whether the fact that he can't convincingly beat Massa will turn him into a Hulkenberg.

I think Bottas is already in the Hulkenberg category. He hasn't been mentioned as a possibility for Ferrari since the rise of the hot kids.

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
04-18-2016, 09:38 PM
(04-18-2016 08:26 PM)trickydicky Wrote:  I find the longevity of Felipe Massa's career intriguing. He seems to still have good pace. I know its early in the year but I can't see any reason for Williams to replace him.

Yeah, I was noticing that, too.

04-18-2016, 10:46 PM
(04-18-2016 08:26 PM)trickydicky Wrote:  I wonder whether the fact that he can't convincingly beat Massa will turn him into a Hulkenberg.

you mean a le mans champion?
04-19-2016, 05:19 AM
Hot new thing only lasts for a season at most, they are now old luke warm things.

Massa has always been a good driver, remeber for most of his career he was driving alongside Michael Schumacher. Kimi Raikonnen and Fernando Alonso. Tough.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
04-19-2016, 05:38 AM
Arguably he should of been WC in 2008 if it wasn't for Renaults antics in Singapore.

I still think he lost 0.5s a lap after the bump to the head. He might of claimed that time back in recent years, but is now in a worse car and older.

"Woof Woof"
05-29-2016, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2016 11:41 PM by Neonzapper.)
(04-18-2016 09:09 PM)leonbray Wrote:  Looks like an opening at Williams...
In podcast 704, Clark and Nasir mentioned Bottas was fizzling-out for a Ferrari seat. Massa, at 35, is ahead of Bottas. Unless this is a contract negotiation ploy, I'm surprised to learn that Massa is looking for another team ride. Unless it is the same for Button, I'm also surprised to hear Jenson's name mentioned as a possible replacement at Williams.

http://grandprixrankings.com/compare/201...sus-massa/

05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure what is going on at Williams.

I assume Massa brings cash into the team as the Brazilians love a paycheque.

I can see Button at Williams but I suspect he might just retire.

Botas is not doing very well.

"Woof Woof"
05-30-2016, 05:38 PM
maybe button will breach his contract to move to williams, then breach that contract and stay with the british team using honda engines. you know, for old time's sake.
05-31-2016, 08:17 AM
(05-30-2016 04:58 PM)trickydicky Wrote:  I'm not sure what is going on at Williams.

I assume Massa brings cash into the team as the Brazilians love a paycheque.

I can see Button at Williams but I suspect he might just retire.

Botas is not doing very well.

I suspect LeMans will be calling. It's far better to retire from F1 while you are still fast and can move to a winning team in endurance racing. LeMans is growing in stature all the time and I think the cars hold a big draw for drivers.