RE: Phillip Island treasure! Enjoy
Not available outside the USofA

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2015, 10:08 PM
(10-18-2015 07:40 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  Not available outside the USofA

one motorcycle passed another in a turn, then the other passed back in the next turn. a couple more motorcycles were added to the shuffling. two of them touched briefly at one point, but nothing came of it. some australians shouted throughout.
10-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Frank, you completely skipped over the most amazing part that was too unreal to believe unless you actually saw it for yourself. I never saw anything like that before in my entire life!

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
10-19-2015, 09:36 AM
You all missed the most amazing part: Miguel Oliveira's masterful race and victory. Tongue

Ad Astra Per Audacia
10-19-2015, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2015 11:10 AM by chemics.)
(10-18-2015 10:08 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  

one motorcycle passed another in a turn, then the other passed back in the next turn. a couple more motorcycles were added to the shuffling. two of them touched briefly at one point, but nothing came of it. some australians shouted throughout.

Oh Frank, you've become too used to F1. The lights went out, a couple of people did a DRS pass mid-race, 2h later Hamilton won.

Works in o'Canada.
10-19-2015, 01:26 PM
(10-19-2015 11:07 AM)chemics Wrote:  The lights went out, a couple of people did a DRS pass mid-race, 2h later Hamilton won.

yeah, that's why i pretty much only watch sportscars these days.
10-19-2015, 01:47 PM
(10-19-2015 01:26 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  
(10-19-2015 11:07 AM)chemics Wrote:  The lights went out, a couple of people did a DRS pass mid-race, 2h later Hamilton won.

yeah, that's why i pretty much only watch sportscars these days.

and why I've seen half an F1 race all year, and generally watch bike racing instead.

I think F1 has a significant problem when people who post literally thousands of times in an F1 online community don't even bother watching the racing any more. What hope is there or retaining the casual fans or gaining new fans?!
10-19-2015, 02:38 PM
i think the problem is that they've been trying to attract new casual fans by doing whatever the rabble says they should. they don't understand that the rabble has s**t for brains and don't know what they want, let alone understand the natural consequences of what they say they want.

it reminds me of movies. the best movies are made by directors who are strong leaders and focus on making a movie that they think is great. the studios try to make movies with the broadest appeal (rather than highest quality) and do lots of market research and focus group testing, and end up with something thoroughly mediocre. these mediocre films make tons of money, mind you, but are forgotten entirely after a year or two. that's fine for movies - almost all the money is wrung out of any movie inside of a year - but f1 can't be burning through fans like that. f1 is best served by retaining fans for decades rather than bringing in new people every couple years.

the people at the top of f1 need to focus on making f1 good again by their standards, and trust that a good product will draw a following. it may not be as big a following as they dream of, but it would be big enough to sustain. they know how to do it, they just need the courage of their convictions.
10-19-2015, 03:04 PM
(10-19-2015 02:38 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  i think the problem is that they've been trying to attract new casual fans by doing whatever the rabble says they should. they don't understand that the rabble has s**t for brains and don't know what they want, let alone understand the natural consequences of what they say they want.

it reminds me of movies. the best movies are made by directors who are strong leaders and focus on making a movie that they think is great. the studios try to make movies with the broadest appeal (rather than highest quality) and do lots of market research and focus group testing, and end up with something thoroughly mediocre. these mediocre films make tons of money, mind you, but are forgotten entirely after a year or two. that's fine for movies - almost all the money is wrung out of any movie inside of a year - but f1 can't be burning through fans like that. f1 is best served by retaining fans for decades rather than bringing in new people every couple years.

the people at the top of f1 need to focus on making f1 good again by their standards, and trust that a good product will draw a following. it may not be as big a following as they dream of, but it would be big enough to sustain. they know how to do it, they just need the courage of their convictions.

Step 1, get rid of the Venture Capitalists. They will always wring the asset for all it's worth before moving on, it's their business.
10-19-2015, 03:53 PM
yes, shareholders always bring shortsightedness.
10-19-2015, 07:38 PM
(10-19-2015 03:53 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  yes, shareholders always bring shortsightedness.

Yep Putin to buy F! and run it after Bernie mysteriously disappears from a yacht in Monaco harbour.

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Australian MotoGP at Phillip Island Original JB 22 6,114 10-21-2010 10:54 AM
Last Post: jccaruso