Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
London Formula E
06-15-2015, 01:38 PM
London Formula E
After being ordered to do so by the Host in #681, I've just brought my tickets!

Sunday only had super gold tickets left and Saturday barely had much left. Trains can be flaky on Sundays and as this event is on they will probably go on strike anyway so I lumped for Saturday.

It's all standing only on raised platforms, which is interesting. June 27th, so it's going to be raining. All very interesting.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: London Formula E
Have fun.
I'm going to be on a walking weekend in Pembrokeshire: the wind on the cliffs will be louder.

Regards,
Mark

"A man who took simple pleasure in making things work properly"
[Nigel Roebuck, writing of Bruce McLaren]

"Bruce McLaren was the best person I ever worked for. He was amazing"
[Howden Ganley, 12th September 2009]
06-15-2015, 02:44 PM
I am still taking ear plugs. Apparently they play loud music and I don't suspect it will be Slade or TRex.

My sister lives a 20 min walk away so I am trying to do something clever on travel but it looks simplest to get a direct train to Clapham and walk.

06-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Just got back from Battersea Park. I'll give you all an update in due course. But here is where I was standing on turn 13 and this was the first racing lap (the first lap was behind the safety car. I only took my phone for a camera but here you go.

06-27-2015, 11:03 PM
Great job Peter!...Lot's of zero's on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clark Rodgers -The Host of F1weekly.com  

[Image: hs1jjl.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-28-2015, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2015 09:44 AM by Neonzapper.)
I second this. Nice to see the inaugural season racers as next year will bring team power units. Thanks for posting!

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
06-28-2015, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2015 02:11 PM by Yaaay.)
This place is in a park with a lot of trees. You were close and there were not so many people as to give you a problem.

[Image: s4a0yc.jpg]

They setup viewing platforms with 3 or 4 tiers, however the view from them was not as good as standing by the rails.

[Image: 2jee4iq.jpg]

This was from my platform, nice place to put a tree thanks to Sir James Pennethorne

[Image: 210zx5k.jpg]

So for the race, I setup here. You are only 10 feet from the track, only other place you can do that is Monaco.

[Image: 2rc0rxl.jpg]

[Image: 2ce1yr4.jpg]

This is the entrance, literally 100 yds from the train station.

[Image: 29bjy9k.jpg]

Mmmmmmm big slabs of meat.

[Image: 28gxu8z.jpg]

Selfie with Craig "scarbs" Scarborough.

[Image: 2cd8wvk.jpg]

And finally, the boating lake, OK for birding, I counted 19 species. This is a young Coot!

[Image: 2rntxz9.jpg]

06-28-2015, 05:51 PM
i'm very disappointed that you didn't use the photo of a young coot to setup a joke about the photo of scarbs.
06-28-2015, 06:45 PM
I wonder how many of you actually watched the final today.

It had everything a good F1 race should have. A mixed up grid due to weather in quali. The title contenders in title threatening positions. Team mates not helping, Yamamoto causing a stupid crash, a safety car at the wrong time, not knowing who is going to win right up to the last minute.

Excellent racing.

06-29-2015, 06:55 AM
(06-28-2015 06:45 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  a safety car at the wrong time,

And in the end Nelsinho won the Championship!?

Ad Astra Per Audacia
06-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Subtle, but true!

06-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Pikes Peak.

http://ecomento.com/2015/06/30/elecrtric...ign=buffer

07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
(06-30-2015 01:34 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  Pikes Peak.

http://ecomento.com/2015/06/30/elecrtric...ign=buffer

It's good to see the technology getting to the level where they can win events. Sprint events like this are where they have the most potential.

The Isle of Man TT bikes are getting seriously quick now over a single lap, they have increased their average from 100mph to just short of 120mph in 5 years. We just need a step in battery tech now and they will become viable for longer race events. It's going to happen sooner rather than later now more money is being poured into research.
07-02-2015, 09:32 AM
In terms of technology we are barely off the starting blocks.

[Image: nqvcb4.jpg]

On the left, you charged that for 12 hours and got to make 30 minutes of calls. To the right it is the other way round. I believe the desire (and money) to make electric vehicles work is stronger than in the beginning of mobile phones and most certainly the vision for where we want to be is clearer and stronger. No one thought we could surf the internet on them when texting was introduced. I think Elon has got us to the Tim Burners Lee stage. I am looking forward to when the Steve Jobs of the electric car world will arrive.

07-02-2015, 10:27 AM
(07-02-2015 09:32 AM)Yaaay Wrote:  In terms of technology we are barely off the starting blocks.

[Image: nqvcb4.jpg]

On the left, you charged that for 12 hours and got to make 30 minutes of calls. To the right it is the other way round. I believe the desire (and money) to make electric vehicles work is stronger than in the beginning of mobile phones and most certainly the vision for where we want to be is clearer and stronger. No one thought we could surf the internet on them when texting was introduced. I think Elon has got us to the Tim Burners Lee stage. I am looking forward to when the Steve Jobs of the electric car world will arrive.

I read something the other day that there are prototype solid state batteries that can charge in minutes and be charged 10,000 times before any degradation of their storage capacity, but at current research levels they are 10 years away from commercial application. It sounded like that time could be cut significantly with the right funding, which should happen and would make electric vehicles viable once a charging network and sufficient generation capacity was in place.