Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kimi's Motocross team
03-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Kimi's Motocross team
I was watching Round 1 of the MXGP World Championship at the weekend. The winner in the Main MX1 class (he won both races) rode for IceONE racing Husqvarna, which is apparently Kimi's team. He started it a few years back and ran with Finnish riders and has gradually grown it and is now the Factory Huqvarna team running international riders with a chance at the title.

http://www.ice1racing.fi/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: Kimi's Motocross team
I'm no lawyer, but isn't Kimi's team sponsored by Red Bull Racing considered a legal conflict of interest?

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
03-05-2015, 04:08 AM
It obviously isn't, I'd love to see a modern drivers contract.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
03-05-2015, 08:56 AM
(03-05-2015 04:08 AM)Yaaay Wrote:  It obviously isn't, I'd love to see a modern drivers contract.

I bet it would take a long time to read.
03-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Wasn't he sponsored by Red Bull when he out rallying?

[Image: 6p7ymog.jpg]
Copyright - Royal Dutch Dicky Graphic Design
03-06-2015, 08:58 AM
(03-05-2015 04:27 PM)Jackson Wrote:  Wasn't he sponsored by Red Bull when he out rallying?

Yes. They aren't stupid, he's a high profile name, so good to be associated with. If Ferrari had an energy drink as a major sponsor I suspect things might be different though. It wouldn't look very good if he wore Monster logo's for the day job and had his face on the Red Bull sponsored Motocross team site.
03-06-2015, 02:07 PM
(03-06-2015 08:58 AM)chemics Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 04:27 PM)Jackson Wrote:  Wasn't he sponsored by Red Bull when he out rallying?

Yes. They aren't stupid, he's a high profile name, so good to be associated with. If Ferrari had an energy drink as a major sponsor I suspect things might be different though. It wouldn't look very good if he wore Monster logo's for the day job and had his face on the Red Bull sponsored Motocross team site.
That makes a lot of sense. I guess that would be a conflict of interest, but not this.

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
03-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Red Bull mixes with vodka better than Monster.

03-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Also, I just remembered, energy drink TNT is a Ferrari sponsor, so maybe there is a conflict of interest... http://formula1.ferrari.com/partners/tnt

03-09-2015, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 08:04 AM by chemics.)
(03-08-2015 12:31 PM)Jackson Wrote:  Also, I just remembered, energy drink TNT is a Ferrari sponsor, so maybe there is a conflict of interest... http://formula1.ferrari.com/partners/tnt

I should have known better than to think there would be no energy drink involved in a motorsport team, it's practically in the rules.

Clearly they don't care too much, or perhaps there is little they can do as it is a private business. I expect if it was an issue they would just have him take his image from the team website. They probably aren't a major sponsor or we'd have heard of them more.

Round 2 didn't go so well, Nagl who won both races in Qatar was 4th and 11th and dropped to 3rd in the standings.

Race 1 was won by Ryan Villopoto, and race 2 by 8 time WC Antonio Cairoli. I'd expect these two to rise to the top pretty soon. Cairoli has won the title the alst few years and Villopoto is coming off 4 consecutive AMA Supercross titles, this is his retirement year and he decided to have a crack at the World Championship. He's still learning and he's already at the front after a disappointing round 1. He'll only get faster as the year goes on, so it should make for an interesting championship.

In the MX2 class Jeff "The Bullet" Herlings has won all 4 races so far and is still regaining fitness. Prior to round 1 he has only been training on the bike for 2 weeks after recovering from a femurs break last year and some winter setbacks in his recovery. Hopefully he stays healthy all year. Last season he was so far ahead he planned to come and do some US outdoor rounds in their championship, but broke his leg at a charity event and ended up coming second in the Worlds after missing about 4 rounds. It would be good to see him come and race this side of the pond as the US has a lot of world class riders that don't do the World Championships.