[Image: 2015-ford-mondeo-coupe.jpg]

Looking good!

"Woof Woof"
[Image: jkvnl4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: New Ford Mondeo
Looking old! Launched (as the Fusion) nearly three years ago.
10-08-2014, 07:50 AM
http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/09/24/ford-f...DUXRvldXeI
10-09-2014, 03:44 AM
‘pre-swirled’ paintwork - never heard of that
10-09-2014, 07:43 AM
I like the style. I think the designer went on to design for Aston Martin (hence the similarity).

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
10-09-2014, 08:56 AM
(10-09-2014 07:43 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  I like the style. I think the designer went on to design for Aston Martin (hence the similarity).

I think you're mixing your Callums.

Ian Callum was the design director for Aston Martin for a while when both Jaguar and Aston were owned by Ford, he is currently at Jaguar (he was also at for in the 80's). His brother Morray is design director of Ford Americas.
10-09-2014, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 03:38 PM by Yaaay.)
I went and drove the new NX today. It is monkey butt ugly but it would appear most cars are nowadays. This thing has bits and appendages that will keep my local Romanians busy with their paint brushes extracting dirt from the crevases.

It has a very cool trick, press a button and it gives you a 360 degree view around you, top down, with distance to objects. It also has steering assist, which keeps you in a lane although I couldn't detect it doing that. Also the adaptive cruise control got confused at roundabouts and dropped out making me have to actually press the throttle pedal myself.

Internally it's breathtakingly disjointed and a mixture of traditional, digital and hyper haptic feedback touch, deep level menu screens and fake imitation real leather effect where only the Japanese can make real leather feel like fake cheap fabric. It's a digital wonderland so the idiots stuck an analogue clock somewhere so it looks out of place. There are inexplicable touches such as the mirror by the cup holders and the inductive phone charger that my phone won't fit in. And that screen that looks like it slides sexily out of the console to greet you when you switch on, well, it doesn't it's welded in place.

Worst of all the boot (trunk) can only be opened with the electric drive so it's slow ensuring you can never chuck something in there quickly.

[Image: 24eq7tc.jpg]

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
10-09-2014, 03:42 PM
(10-09-2014 03:34 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  I went and drove the new NX today. It is monkey butt ugly but it would appear most cars are nowadays. This thing has bits and appendages that will keep my local Romanians busy with their paint brushes extracting dirt from the crevases.

It has a very cool trick, press a button and it gives you a 360 degree view around you, top down, with distance to objects. It also has steering assist, which keeps you in a lane although I couldn't detect it doing that. Also the adaptive cruise control got confused at roundabouts and dropped out making me have to actually press the throttle pedal myself.

Internally it's breathtakingly disjointed and a mixture of traditional, digital and hyper haptic feedback touch, deep level menu screens and fake imitation real leather effect where only the Japanese can make real leather feel like fake cheap fabric. It's a digital wonderland so the idiots stuck an analogue clock somewhere so it looks out of place. There are inexplicable touches such as the mirror by the cup holders and the inductive phone charger that my phone won't fit in. And that screen that looks like it slides sexily out of the console to greet you when you switch on, well, it doesn't it's welded in place.

Worst of all the boot (trunk) can only be opened with the electric drive so it's slow ensuring you can never chuck something in there quickly.

So did you cancel your order? It sounds like you are basically saying it's a mess.
10-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Lexus drivers are dickheads

"Woof Woof"
[Image: jkvnl4.jpg]
10-09-2014, 04:37 PM
No I didn't and no were not.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
10-09-2014, 05:23 PM
(10-09-2014 03:34 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  [Image: 24eq7tc.jpg]

I've spotted the biggest problem.

They've gone and bolted the wheel on to the wrong side.
10-09-2014, 10:44 PM
(10-09-2014 08:56 AM)chemics Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:43 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  I like the style. I think the designer went on to design for Aston Martin (hence the similarity).

Ian Callum was the design director for Aston Martin for a while when both Jaguar and Aston were owned by Ford, he is currently at Jaguar (he was also at for in the 80's). His brother Morray is design director of Ford Americas.
Thanks and I'll take your word for it. You know a lot more than I do about the designer's information.

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
10-10-2014, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 04:34 AM by Koala.)
Some of the BMWs have a similar screen stuck up that you would think folds up and down but it is fixed
10-10-2014, 08:01 AM
(10-09-2014 10:44 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 08:56 AM)chemics Wrote:  

Thanks and I'll take your word for it. You know a lot more than I do about the designer's information.

Wikipedia is my friend Smile . I knew a bit about Ian Callum and that he had been at Jag for a while. I just didn't think his timeline at Ford fit with the design of the Fusion. I had no idea about his brother.
10-11-2014, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 02:42 AM by leonbray.)
Fusion was designed under Jay Mays before he retired as head of design at Ford and Callum took over

An evolution of the Taurus / Falcon design

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies