Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Get the Max
06-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Get the Max
Max Verstappen won all three European F3 races of the weekend at Spa. Not bad for a 16-year old in his rookie season.

Some years ago Jean-Eric Vergne pulled the same stunt at Spa....

Max or Jos should be receiving a call from Graz soon, this is Dr. Marko's bull pen in Austria.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: Get the Max
Max has done it again. This weekend the European F3 series was at Norisring, he won all three races. Max is now second in the championship after six successive wins. Esteban Ocon is the championship leader.

Norisring is the street track where Pedro Rodriguez was killed.
06-29-2014, 04:12 PM
6 wins and still only second!

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
06-29-2014, 10:16 PM
[Image: 29kzvux.jpg]

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
06-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Jos the Boss, so Max the, errr, Maxx?

Regards,
Mark

"A man who took simple pleasure in making things work properly"
[Nigel Roebuck, writing of Bruce McLaren]

"Bruce McLaren was the best person I ever worked for. He was amazing"
[Howden Ganley, 12th September 2009]
07-24-2014, 07:48 AM
"Teenage hot property Max Verstappen has turned down an offer from reigning Formula 1 World Champions Red Bull as he maps a path to Formula 1.

The talented son of former Benetton and Minardi driver Jos Verstappen visited the Hockenheim paddock last weekend, reportedly at the invitation of several Formula 1 teams.

Young Dutchman Verstappen, 16, is the hot talent of European F3 since moving up from karts, and now the target of top Formula 1 teams including McLaren and Ferrari.

Father and son reportedly sat down with Helmut Marko ahead of the German Grand Prix, undoubtedly to discuss the possibility of Verstappen Jnr. joining Red Bull’s famous young driver programme.

“When the time is right,” Jos told De Telegraaf newspaper, “we will bite the bullet, but not before.”

It appears, however, that the Verstappens ultimately said “no” to Red Bull.

Italy’s Autosprint said that the Dutch rookie has decided instead to team up with Mercedes, with the relationship to be formalised ‘in the coming days’.

The report said that Verstappen jnr. hopes to make the move to the Formula 1 feeder category GP2 for 2015, “but in the short term there are reports of a test in a Mercedes Formula 1 car of 2012″. (GMM)

08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
"Formula 3 sensation Max Verstappen is in discussions with both the Red Bull and Mercedes Formula 1 teams' junior programmes. The 16-year-old Dutchman, who lies second in the F3 European Championship in his debut season of car racing, is understood to have offers from both squads."

His dad is okay with Max moving to F1 at age 17 (if that offer is given).

08-06-2014, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 12:45 PM by chemics.)
(08-06-2014 11:00 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  "Formula 3 sensation Max Verstappen is in discussions with both the Red Bull and Mercedes Formula 1 teams' junior programmes. The 16-year-old Dutchman, who lies second in the F3 European Championship in his debut season of car racing, is understood to have offers from both squads."

His dad is okay with Max moving to F1 at age 17 (if that offer is given).

I thought I read that they turned Red Bull down and it was looking likely he will join Mercedes. I would assume he'll do a lower formula (GP2?) next year before looking at stepping up though. Going to F1 in your second season of cars would be even faster than Kimi wouldn't it?

**edit**

haha, I guess I read it a couple of posts ago now I look back! Smile
08-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Red Bull did: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php...ostpopular
08-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Pleased to report we have an interview with Max and his papito Jos, conducted at the Nurburgring last weekend, coming soon. Gets even better, there is also a chat conducted at Brooklands with Mister Brazier - all coming soon exclusively and OUTSTANDINGLY on your favorite podcast.
08-23-2014, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2014 05:24 PM by Neonzapper.)
(08-23-2014 11:24 AM)Nasir Wrote:  Pleased to report we have an interview with Max and his papito Jos, conducted at the Nurburgring last weekend, coming soon. Gets even better, there is also a chat conducted at Brooklands with Mister Brazier - all coming soon exclusively and OUTSTANDINGLY on your favorite podcast.
We salute you, Mr. Hameed- that's quite a "goodie bad"!

I enjoyed Max's comments today. He said, "It doesn't matter how old I am. What matters is how fast I drive."

08-31-2014, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 03:36 PM by Neonzapper.)
Max- leave the donuts to Seb Tongue

11-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Max on his overtaking in Brazil:

"The 18-year-old admitted that he drew inspiration from Raikkonen, who also provided a thrilling overtake on Michael Schumacher at the Senna Esses in 2012.

"I saw it a few years ago between Raikkonen and Schumacher," the 18-year-old said. "I thought that looked nice – and then I had the opportunity to do it. You can do your best, but if the other one doesn't care and smashes you off track then it is over. Luckily Checo is very fair, so we had a great fight."

Verstappen, who also overtook Sauber's Felipe Nasr at the same corner, was happy to get the job done without any damage.

"There was a bit of clear air, and I braked around the outside, trying not to lock up," he said. "He was trying to push me wide, and we had a little touch in to Turn 2. But that was good for me as it meant I could get the job done."

Meanwhile, BBC F1 analyst Eddie Jordan says the Dutch teenager reminds him of F1 legends Schumacher and Ayrton Senna."

http://planetf1.com/news/max-took-leaf-o...sing-book/

07-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Besides being a tight circuit and no room for overtaking, today Max showed his teacher what he learned.