Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open wheel hillclimb Portugalistan-style
04-28-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 10:39 AM by drmarkf.)
Open wheel hillclimb Portugalistan-style
Some of you have probably seen this before, but either way you'll enjoy it nearly as much as the driver did: great commitment, and the sun-shadow transitions must have been terrifying Cool

Have you been to this event, Miguel?

Talking of sunshine on hills, I'd seen this short film before but now it's been remastered. It should go in the WRC or Classics section, but it does illustrate some more of the difficult lighting conditions mastered by professional drivers...

Vatinen was an artist - here coping with over 600bhp, apparently - so an artist with a well laden brush!

Regards,
Mark

"A man who took simple pleasure in making things work properly"
[Nigel Roebuck, writing of Bruce McLaren]

"Bruce McLaren was the best person I ever worked for. He was amazing"
[Howden Ganley, 12th September 2009]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:11 PM
RE: Open wheel hillclimb Portugalistan-style
(04-28-2014 10:29 AM)drmarkf Wrote:  Talking of sunshine on hills, I'd seen this short film before but now it's been remastered. It should go in the WRC or Classics section, but it does illustrate some more of the difficult lighting conditions mastered by professional drivers...

Vatinen was an artist - here coping with over 600bhp, apparently - so an artist with a well laden brush!

As impressive as Loebs run was last year it just lacked the drama of something like this. I know it isn't the fastest way up the hill, especially with all paved roads now, but it just looses a little of it's magic compared to this for me.
04-28-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Open wheel hillclimb Portugalistan-style
Never been to the hill climb but I've driven on that road. Doing those kind of speeds there is a bit mind boggling.

Ad Astra Per Audacia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  GP2 on hillclimb assault drmarkf 1 541 02-11-2014 08:24 PM
Last Post: Neonzapper
  WSR Splash and Dash - Russian style Nasir 4 1,063 10-12-2010 06:00 AM
Last Post: InterRaptor