Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LIVE at INDY
06-18-2007, 09:51 AM
RE: LIVE at INDY
Made it home. Will upload pics & write reports later today! It was a greet weekend meeting everybody.

Note: Ran into David Hobbes on the Hertz bus to the terminal, ran into Trulli waiting for a plane at the airport, ran into Torro Rosso crew on the flight to Chicago, ran into Vittantonio Liuzzi in with the STR guys in the terminal in Chicago! Wish we had a recorder. Have pics of some of that, will throw them up.

Lephturn

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2007, 10:04 AM
It's the morning after, poor Steve had to put up w/ my snoring-LOL.

I'm a bit knackered, for sure, with all the heat & walking.
Hope to do some bargain shopping this morning before we leave.

Steve & I were watching the miniscule TV coverage of the race this morning (no wonder Bernie is unimpressed). We saw more in-depth info on some NASCAR driver's buddy's beard! For real, this guy grew a scraggly beard-worse than Jenson's-until his driver won; heck I know all about that.
Bloody hell.

More later,
Desiree

GrandPrixWeekly.com's Fabulous, Fierce, Formula-1 Femme Fatale
---
Caution, curvy chicanes ahead.
----
http://www.zazzle.com/my/products/public...4739160534
Check out my F1 t-shirt designs for female F1 fans.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
We wanted to thank everyone that came by and said hello. We even had breakfast this morning with some listeners. Now we are off to catch some last minute deals on Shirts and Hats then to the airport.

The Premiere Formula One Podcast
06-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Sorry we didn't get over to meet everyone (Next year for sure... if there is a USGP). My son (6) and I had a great time! Spent a considerable amount of time in the face painting line Sad. Didn't run into anyone notable, but did have a great view of it all in Penthouse Paddock 17. Kangaroo TV is the perfect addition to the live action. Was able to keep closer tabs on the various battles with the in-car cams (too bad they only had max 6 to choose from at any time). Also, the live sector times were essential to watch! I wonder if anyone brought their computer with a cell card and watched the live timing right off the F1 website?

Keep the great podcasts coming! Great job, really enjoy them.

DavidF1weekly Wrote:We wanted to thank everyone that came by and said hello. We even had breakfast this morning with some listeners. Now we are off to catch some last minute deals on Shirts and Hats then to the airport.
06-19-2007, 09:45 AM
qblack1 Wrote:I wonder if anyone brought their computer with a cell card and watched the live timing right off the F1 website?

The thought has crossed my mind although I've never tried it. I do bring a stop watch with me tho since that's the closest I can get without looking like a total dork or lugging around a laptop. It is hard to follow the race tho with out timing and scoring.

Insert shameless plug here.
06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
It was so bright, it was hard to see the Kangaroo TV screen. You would need to be under cover to have a chance at reading a laptop screen.

Yeah, I could have gotten covered seats, but they are not nearly as good as the NW Vista IMO. Dyan and I could see the end of the front straight, and turns 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 inclusive. Good seats. Smile

Lephturn

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
06-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Lephturn Wrote:Yeah, I could have gotten covered seats, but they are not nearly as good as the NW Vista IMO. Dyan and I could see the end of the front straight, and turns 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 inclusive. Good seats. Smile

You and the Mrs going to make it out again next year?