Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who should run F1 after Bernie-thoughts?
03-23-2015, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 11:21 PM by leadfoot.)
RE: Who should run F1 after Bernie-thoughts?
(03-13-2015 12:43 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  How do you feel about "subscribing" to http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en.html ?

We are allowed to view the Beta website for a few more weeks, but noticed Sebastian Vettel is listed with Red Bull. Very Beta indeed!

Good luck with this, Bernie. I don't see it working out for you.

This is just rotten, Just Plain Greed. Can't possibly last. By excluding live timing data for free too many enthusiast are left out of the loop. Otherwise the information is available elsewhere. Think about the 99% Bernie!

As for who's next up after Bernie, I thought Christian Horner had potential but after some of his recent shenanigan maybe not. (Ban wind tunnels, equalise engines)

"If there's a red light when you leave the pitlane you have to stop. Then some wooden eye (Hamilton) crashes into you and breaks the car."
- Kimi Raikkonen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2015, 08:26 AM
I think the internet is finally realising that it can't remain free for value added content as a business model. Unfortunately we all got used to getting everything for nothing. The choices are simple, pay for it or put up with advertising, the developers need to get paid.

There will always be the illegal method to get content, but if nobody pays eventually the content won't exist to steal. They just need to get the pricing model right, a lot of people will pay a small amount, but there comes a point where you push 99% of people away if it's too expensive.
03-24-2015, 09:46 AM
The new Android app is really well done. I have it on my tablet as opposed to the phone. Still drains the batteries like heck but it has everything.

Costs less than a month of Sky

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
03-24-2015, 11:17 AM
I have it on my iPad and really like it. It's a very fair price for the content, which includes live radio commentary.

Ad Astra Per Audacia
06-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Goodbye, Bernie? F1 poised for change of ownership...

F1′s owners CVC are set to consider a fresh bid to buy the sport from a group comprising the Qatar sovereign wealth fund and Stephen Ross, US based owner of the Miami Dolphins, via his RSE Ventures vehicle.

Ecclestone is also known to be unhappy with the ‘product’ of F1 at the moment, blaming the introduction of hybrid turbo engines and excessive rules and regulations.

The cornerstone investors set the potential market value of the F1 business ahead of the IPO at around US $10 billion.

CVC currently holds a 34% stake with Lehman brothers holding 15% and the cornerstone investors the rest, bar Mr Ecclestone’s 5%, which is also believed to be part of the deal. “My shares will be sold together with theirs,” he told the FT.
It appears that he could remain in F1 if this sale goes through, but not necessarily as chief executive.

As for the potential new buyers, Ross is 75 years old and has made a personal fortune of around $6 billion from property and ownership of the valuable NFL franchise Miami Dolphins.

(full article http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/06/f1...-over-bid/ )

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
06-24-2015, 08:25 PM
At least Horner is making some sense about who should be writing the rules

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...ign=chrome

... and the rumours about his departure from Red Bull could be related to a new position running F1

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
10-20-2015, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 08:02 AM by Neonzapper.)
Sky News can reveal that China Media Capital (CMC) is leading a group of Chinese firms who want to invest roughly $1.5bn (£970m) in an offer being assembled by Stephen Ross, owner of the Miami Dolphins American football team.

Mr Ross’s consortium is understood to be planning to write in the coming days to CVC Capital Partners, F1's controlling shareholder, to seek a 90-day period of exclusivity during which it would hold detailed talks with Bernie Ecclestone, F1's chief executive, and undertake due diligence.

CMC is among a group of Chinese media investors – which also include Fosun and Wanda – pursuing rapid global expansion, recently unveiling a partnership with the Hollywood studio Warner Bros Entertainment to produce Chinese-language films for distribution around the world.

The proposed takeover of F1, which remains far from certain to take place, still requires roughly $2bn in additional equity from other investors.

CVC has not yet decided whether to grant the exclusivity request, insiders said.

Maybe we'll see Team Cherybomb adding some excitement

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
10-20-2015, 08:48 AM
More VC's, great, just what the sport needs!
11-01-2016, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 06:27 PM by leonbray.)
Interesting article about Ross Brawn becoming F1 sporting director to start shaping F1 technical side for the post Bernie era from 2020

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/11/r...cclestone/

Locator of Shruberies
11-02-2016, 07:07 AM
This is very very good news. But I fear he won't stand the politics.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
11-02-2016, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 11:04 PM by frankdouglason.)
yeah, if he couldn't stomach dealing with mercedes, how is he going to handle dealing with all of f1?
11-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Looks like it is only a consulting gig

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37847748

Locator of Shruberies
11-03-2016, 05:49 AM
Perhaps what F1 needs is someone totally unrelated to F1 to bring a new perspective to the management of the sport
11-03-2016, 11:39 PM
(11-03-2016 05:49 AM)Koala Wrote:  Perhaps what F1 needs is someone totally unrelated to F1 to bring a new perspective to the management of the sport

i feel compelled to reiterate that i would be willing to accept the position.