Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New regs for 2013/4
07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: New regs for 2013/4
those sketches look fine, but i have a hunch the teams will figure out ways to mar their appearance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Wonder who will be the first team to poke a hole through the nose to direct airflow under the car. Stick a Nasa duct on the flat top surface and drag the air under the car

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
07-09-2013, 11:06 PM
I don't think it looks bad at all, will be interesting to see what an actual car will look like.

[Image: 6p7ymog.jpg]
Copyright - Royal Dutch Dicky Graphic Design
08-09-2013, 04:41 AM
I think the single central exhaust is very interesting to see. Can't wait to see the 2014 spec cars in action!
08-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum TestaRossa1980 Smile
08-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Yes, Welcome!

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
08-09-2013, 10:04 PM
It is reported by BBC that Pirelli want wider tires...

[Image: 280tock.jpg][Image: 2hprs41.jpg]

[Image: wmc7s1.jpg]

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
08-09-2013, 10:17 PM
at the risk of voicing a minority viewpoint, i miss equal dimension tires on all four corners.
10-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Ferrari feels FUEL SAVING could be key to winning in 2014...

AUTOSPORT... Formula 1's 2014 regulation changes could have a radical impact upon races by making efficiency potentially more important than performance, reckons Ferrari's director of engineering Pat Fry.

Fry predicts that the introduction of V6 engines, and the increased contribution of energy recovery systems, will create a massive differential between outright pace and the optimum strategy over a race distance.

As a result, he believes teams may have to re-evaluate their approaches to a grand prix weekend next year.

"It's true, I think that the races will be rather different next year," Fry said.

"There will be a fixed maximum quantity and payload of fuel for the race and various levels of energy.

"It's possible there could be considerable differences between the maximum pace possible and a pace aimed at saving energy and fuel, to the extent that there could be a difference of between one and one and a half seconds per lap in the race.

"We are looking at what could be the best strategy to be as effective and efficient as possible in using what we will have.

"It will be important to work out for each track and for every race where and when it's best to use all the potential and where we should save fuel."

Fry said drivers may also have to adapt to a new style of racing in 2014.

"The drivers will have a lot to learn," he said.

"It's a real turnaround from what they are used to and it will be up to us engineers to find the best simulations and get the drivers to try them on the simulator.

"It will fall to them to train much more, before even going out on track for the first time.

"Clearly, having an experienced driver can be a positive: the quicker they learn certain mechanisms, the more easily they will be able to concentrate on their normal job of developing the car."

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
10-10-2013, 08:28 PM
ugh, i don't even want to think about this. i'm going to pretend i didn't hear that so i can have an open mind going into the season.

seriously, if you want endurance racing, go watch endurance racing.
10-10-2013, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 09:33 PM by drmarkf.)
Yeah, press articles and forum posts are going to be dead easy in 2014. Just delete the word 'tyres' from everything written in 2013 and replace with 'fuel saving'. It'll be fine - Nigel Roebuck has written the first 6 months of his whiney Motorsport columns already.

At least Paul hembury will be able to get on with his life relatively unmolested.

Regards,
Mark

"A man who took simple pleasure in making things work properly"
[Nigel Roebuck, writing of Bruce McLaren]

"Bruce McLaren was the best person I ever worked for. He was amazing"
[Howden Ganley, 12th September 2009]
10-11-2013, 12:12 PM
F1 is not a sprint race. There has always been a limitation somewhere.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
10-11-2013, 01:33 PM
(10-11-2013 12:12 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  There has always been a limitation somewhere.

yeah, but it used to be things like courage and grip, not fuel economy. i want f1 drivers to drive like teenagers, not soccer moms.
10-16-2013, 09:35 AM
(10-11-2013 01:33 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 12:12 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  There has always been a limitation somewhere.

yeah, but it used to be things like courage and grip, not fuel economy. i want f1 drivers to drive like teenagers, not soccer moms.

MotoGP has had fuel limits for ages, and it hasn't stopped the racing being close and fast. The only thing it really did was increase electronics to deal with peaky engines and stop the tyre smoking drifts that waste fuel, but F1 stopped that years ago. Occasionally you get a bike that runs out of fuel or more likely drops off the pace as the electronics reduce power to get to the end, but it's pretty rare as the engineers have the consumption figured out pretty well before the race starts, even when it does happen you don't know until after the race when the rider is interviewed if it was tyres going off or the engine cutting power.

Nobody watching will be any the wiser until they are told it's happening and it won't be every team that suffers, just those that get it wrong.

It also has potential for trickle down to the road market as it will force engine manufacturers to look for new ways to become more efficient.
10-16-2013, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 12:31 PM by trickydicky.)
(10-11-2013 12:12 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  F1 is not a sprint race. There has always been a limitation somewhere.

Totally agree. The balance at the moment might not be quite right but it baffles me to hear all the complaints.

If anything it adds a different dimension to the sport. I think a polished race driver should have the intelligence and ability to manage all elements of Formula one.

People complained when they drove flat out and pitted all the time, they complain when the driver is saving his tries. They will complain about fuel efficiency.

Bring on 2014 I say. F1 has to move forward. Clearly it will have a shitty start but eventually we will find the right balance.
(10-16-2013 09:35 AM)chemics Wrote:  It also has potential for trickle down to the road market as it will force engine manufacturers to look for new ways to become more efficient.

A very important part of F1. Many fans are quick to discuss the credentials of formula one and its impact on the modern car industry. At the same time they constantly criticise change.

I was reading only yesterday about the impact of Formula ones use of Carbon Fibre productions - Big plans for it to be used in the wider automobile industry. A very useful way for companies to maintain or increase performance in spite of environmental legislation curtailing emissions. Interesting the reduction in weight (therefore improving efficiency) could have a detrimental impact on government fuel revenue.

"Woof Woof"
[Image: jkvnl4.jpg]