Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Lotus debacle goes on and on
05-19-2012, 04:56 AM
The Lotus debacle goes on and on
After all but one IndyCar team decided to ditch Lotus for another engine supplier, the company is now getting even more bad publicity, as the two remaining cars look to be the HRT's of this year's Indy 500.

Jean Alesi seems to be losing his motivation (please use french pronunciation), as he and the other Lotus driver are nearly 3 seconds slower on a lap than the fastest, and over a second slower than the next slowest car.

Really, I can't imagine a company making a bad name for themselves faster even if they were actively trying to.

Why is Bahar still at Lotus???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2012 02:19 PM by bmw85.)
RE: The Lotus debacle goes on and on
You can't polish a turd, but if you're Dany Bahar, you can apparently make it worse.

Looks like Alesi is driving a SLOTUS!
05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm sure 15 laps in the Indy 500 the Lotus cars will be lapped or given the black flag.
05-22-2012, 12:00 PM
[Image: aotfk4.jpg]

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
05-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Peter,
You have 'waaay' too much free time on your hands.Wink

[Image: PzKpfwVI.png]
05-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Excellent work! I wonder what the main ingredients would be.
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM
The most annoying thing is that it really sounds like they are making progress with the road cars and given the time/money required to complete the job they may actually just get it right. The engineering talent they have hired to do it with the existing Lotus staff certainly have a fighting chance of coming up with some amazing cars.

I still don't know if they can make it a profitable business with the level of investment they need/want, but I'd hate to see Lotus disappear completely and it probably needed a major investment like they are trying in the road cars to make a long term go of it. This Indy engine thing just seems like a big mess though, and definitely a step beyond their ability. I know it's a partnership agreement with someone else building the engines, but they clearly aren't up to the job and is pretty bad PR for Lotus as a brand.
05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Dany Bahar has been suspended from Group Lotus today, no details yet on why.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/busi..._1_1389607
05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
that link isn't working for me, but this one is:
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/busi..._1_1389662

"facilitate an investigation into a complaint about his conduct."
to me, that sounds like a specific incident of inappropriate behavior, not the general incompetence and delusions of grandeur we generally associate with his tenure at lotus.
05-25-2012, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 02:35 PM by Nasir.)
Bahar finally gets a Turkish Bath.........resulting in a serious loss of cabin pressure and moteevation for Alesi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
(05-25-2012 02:22 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  "facilitate an investigation into a complaint about his conduct."
to me, that sounds like a specific incident of inappropriate behavior, not the general incompetence and delusions of grandeur we generally associate with his tenure at lotus.

I wonder about that too, maybe it's just an excuse to suspend him for bad performance without making the company look bad.

Time to update the "who i hate most in f1 thread"
05-25-2012, 03:34 PM
(05-25-2012 03:12 PM)bmw85 Wrote:  
(05-25-2012 02:22 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  "facilitate an investigation into a complaint about his conduct."

I wonder about that too, maybe it's just an excuse to suspend him for bad performance without making the company look bad.

I agree, it really sounds like a way to say "we chose a great professional who did wonders for Lotus, but unfortunately he used the wrong fork at a gala dinner, so we have to let him go."
05-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Both cars black-flagged by lap 10 for being too slow. Ouch!
05-28-2012, 04:58 AM
I wonder what the casual fan in the US thinks of the Lotus brand now.

05-28-2012, 08:05 AM
(05-25-2012 02:22 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  that link isn't working for me, but this one is:
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/busi..._1_1389662

"facilitate an investigation into a complaint about his conduct."

I know there is a story about a builder suing him or the company over £200k of unpaid renovation expenses on the house they rent for him. I'm not quite sure why he was spending that sort of money on a rented property to be honest, but it would certainly raise a few eyebrows. It could just be a convenient excuse to remove him if it is that though as I heard the story a while ago.
05-29-2012, 08:41 AM
[Image: 6suam0.jpg]
06-07-2012, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 02:01 PM by chemics.)
Dany Bahar sacked with immediate effect!

No more details yet.
http://www.just-auto.com/news/lotus-conf...23943.aspx
06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Finally, ACBC philosophy at work. "Lighten the load."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 02:39 PM
On the local TV news here tonight. The words "Inappropriate use of company money" were cited as some of the reasons he was fired.

I can hear Joe Sawards typewriter from here.

06-07-2012, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 03:34 PM by InterRaptor.)
Official media statement from Lotus Group: http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/news/corpora...-statement

Let the party begin!
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM
and only two years too late.
06-07-2012, 05:47 PM
http://sniffpetrol.com/2012/06/07/baharmessage120607/

06-07-2012, 11:48 PM
MyBB RE: The Lotus debacle goes on and on
(06-07-2012 03:33 PM)InterRaptor Wrote:  Official media statement from Lotus Group: http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/news/corpora...-statement

Let the party begin!

Im confused as to how Aslam Farikullah's 'English' wife and three kids are relevant to that press release at all...?

"Second is the first of the losers" Richard Hammond
06-08-2012, 03:26 AM
(06-07-2012 11:48 PM)Ponte92 Wrote:  Im confused as to how Aslam Farikullah's 'English' wife and three kids are relevant to that press release at all...?

Establishing "personal" credentials.... "Oh no, not another foreigner", Oh, OK, he went to school in England and has made a nice family life in England despite the unpronounceable name.

06-08-2012, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 08:03 AM by chemics.)
(06-07-2012 03:33 PM)InterRaptor Wrote:  Official media statement from Lotus Group: http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/news/corpora...-statement

Let the party begin!

I wouldn't go that far. They now need to retain the engineers he brought in, who are a pretty good bunch from what I've heard, and get some cars to market. They are a long way down the road with his $400M plan to just scrap it, so it will be interesting to see what happens next. I just hope Lotus comes out the other side.
(06-07-2012 02:39 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  On the local TV news here tonight. The words "Inappropriate use of company money" were cited as some of the reasons he was fired.

I can hear Joe Sawards typewriter from here.

Joe's piece on it was far too smug and all knowing for my taste. As a board member of Caterham he has too much interest in sticking the knife in to write anything impartial on this subject.