Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IndyCar - The Cartoon
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
IndyCar - The Cartoon
IndyCar and DreamWorks team up for "Turbo"

http://www.racer.com/indycar-and-dreamwo...le/231589/

Actually, could be pretty good given it is Dreamworks.

“Just leave me alone. I know what to do.”
"I'm only here for the racing. All the other bull$hit I can do without." - Kimi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: IndyCar - The Cartoon
I bet the snail wins in the end. (sorry if I spoilt it for anyone).

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Dang it, you spoiled it for me, Yaaay!

It will be interesting to see if they pull in some drivers for appearances like they did with Shumi and Lewis and others in Cars.

How much you want to bet they have a female racer as a love interest? (cue the Danica Go Daddy promo placement)

03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Better not put any French drivers in there or he'll be toast, or at least on toast.

03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Snails are not eaten on toast!

A garlic butter sauce is needed for that. Said sauce can be finished by dipping bread in it, but not toast, baguette is a much better fit.
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
(03-13-2012 05:23 PM)InterRaptor Wrote:  Snails are not eaten on toast!

I realise my French Cooking training was done in England by a Scotsman but ".... he'll be baguette" doesn't work so well, I need artistic licence. Anyhow, Bouchées aux escargots.

[Image: 29krt3n.jpg]

03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
I was about to go eat breakfast and now suddenly i have no appetite, I've had snails before on there own in a garlic sauce which was nice, but that just looks ...

"Second is the first of the losers" Richard Hammond
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh I dont know - I think it looks quite intriguing. Whether I'd have it on my plate is another question of course.
03-13-2012, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 09:15 PM by Yaaay.)
Like all French cooking, you take a basically disgusting ingredient and use shallots and garlic to make it have some taste. You then make a sauce of the left overs (jus) and then reduce it for an unreasonable amount of time adding unnecessary amounts of stuff until the unknowing public think it is something special and some tyre company gives it a star.

03-13-2012, 10:12 PM
why do i get the impression that yaaay hasn't eaten any french food since the 70s?
03-14-2012, 07:58 AM
That's pretty funny- an Englishman complaining about another country's food- hahahahaha! Smile

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
(03-14-2012 07:58 AM)Neonzapper Wrote:  That's pretty funny- an Englishman complaining about another country's food- hahahahaha! Smile

I think that stereotype is equally out of date. My wife's boss was joking about English food last year, he didn't have much of an answer when she asked him about stereotypical Canadian food.

I'd say most western countries food is pretty multicultural these days.
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Japan: 32 three starred restaurants, 61 two starred restaurants, and 224 one starred restaurants (2012)[1][2][3][4][5]
France: 26 three starred restaurants, 83 two starred restaurants and 485 one starred restaurants (2012)[5]
USA: 10 three starred restaurants, 17 two starred restaurants, and 103 one starred restaurants (2012)
Germany: 9 three starred restaurants, 23 two starred restaurants and 205 one starred restaurants (2011)
Italy: 7 three starred restaurants, 37 two starred restaurants and 229 one starred restaurants (2010)[6]
Spain: 5 three starred restaurants, 11 two starred restaurants and 119 one starred restaurants (2010)[7]
China (Hong Kong & Macau): 5 three starred restaurants, 13 two starred restaurants and 51 one starred restaurants (2012)
UK: 4 three starred restaurants, 13 two starred restaurants and 106 one starred restaurants (2007)
Belgium: 3 three starred restaurants, 10 two starred restaurants and 86 one starred restaurants (2010)[8]
Switzerland: 2 three starred restaurants, 16 two starred restaurants and 75 one starred restaurants (2011)
Netherlands: 2 three starred restaurants, 14 two starred restaurants and 75 one starred restaurants (2010)[9]
Monaco: 1 three starred restaurant
Austria: no three starred restaurants, 4 two starred restaurants and 49 one starred restaurants (2006)
Sweden: no three starred restaurants, 2 two starred restaurants and 12 one starred restaurants (2009)
Luxembourg: no three starred restaurants, 1 two starred restaurant and 12 one starred restaurants (2010)
Portugal: no three starred restaurants, 1 two starred restaurant and 11 one starred restaurants (2010)
Denmark: no three starred restaurants, 1 two starred restaurant and 9 one starred restaurants (2011)
Ireland: no three starred restaurants, 1 two starred restaurant and 5 one starred restaurants (2009)
Finland: no three starred restaurants, 1 two starred restaurant and 4 one starred restaurants (2011)
Norway: no three starred restaurants, no two starred restaurants and 6 one starred restaurants (2008)

03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
The lack of Australia is a little embarrassing. But Luxembourg is the surprise there for a small country it has a lot of one stars!

03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I actually like fish, french fries (again, sorry-"chips"), english muffins and of course, London Broil. Smile

03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I'd like to see Yaaay's list weighted by each country's population.

Also, how many of the UK's starred restaurant serve UK food? The UK has the best Asian restaurants west of the Ural mountains, doesn't make UK food any better.

I'll admit I kind of like haggis, though.

Chemics, one Canadian food item I'd love to try is Poutine. It looks so unhealthy that it can only be delicious.
03-14-2012, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 03:18 PM by chemics.)
(03-14-2012 01:51 PM)InterRaptor Wrote:  I'd like to see Yaaay's list weighted by each country's population.

Also, how many of the UK's starred restaurant serve UK food? The UK has the best Asian restaurants west of the Ural mountains, doesn't make UK food any better.

I'll admit I kind of like haggis, though.

Chemics, one Canadian food item I'd love to try is Poutine. It looks so unhealthy that it can only be delicious.

Poutine is absolutely delicious. It needs to be with real cheese curds though.

Why aren't Asian restaurants UK food? The UK has a massive population of Asian descent that are British. It's as much a part of the British culinary makeup as anything else these days.
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
(03-14-2012 03:17 PM)chemics Wrote:  Why aren't Asian restaurants UK food? The UK has a massive population of Asian descent that are British. It's as much a part of the British culinary makeup as anything else these days.

I guess it's a question of definition. While there is always some influence from other parts of the world, when I go to a Chinese or Indian restaurant, it is to eat food from that country (even if I know it is adapted to European tastes), so quite specifically food not from the UK or whatever country I'm in.

I'm certain it's possible to get molten cheese in the US, Raclette and Fondue are still Swiss dishes.
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 04:42 PM by Yaaay.)
(03-14-2012 01:23 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  London Broil. Smile

I had to google that, it's an American invention.
(03-14-2012 01:51 PM)InterRaptor Wrote:  Also, how many of the UK's starred restaurant serve UK food? The UK has the best Asian restaurants west of the Ural mountains, doesn't make UK food any better.

I don't think there is much of a countries identity in general food any more. Sure there are some "national" dishes but in general food is a mix and has been since they invented boats.

I'm talking about the quality of food whatever it is in any particular country. England got a bad reputation in the 70's and we are still shrugging that off along with having bad teeth apparently.

I think we now have a very high standard, not the top by any means. Quite a few of those Michelin starred restaurants are Asian food, mostly Indian. I don;t see that anywhere else outside Japan.

Michelin do not cover much outside Europe, Japan and some of the major US cites are exceptions. Australia isn't.

03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
(03-14-2012 03:55 PM)InterRaptor Wrote:  I'm certain it's possible to get molten cheese in the US, Raclette and Fondue are still Swiss dishes.

When I've been in America I get offered the choice of American or Swiss cheese. Both look and taste the same.

When I'm in France I note that any decent supermarché is likely to have the best part of a hundred varieties, quite a few of which look and taste different from each other.

It's a cultural thing I suppose.
03-14-2012, 05:43 PM
if the swiss cheese you got tasted the same as american cheese, you got some amazingly bad swiss cheese. american cheese isn't technically cheese, which isn't to say we don't make great versions of other cheeses here in america.
03-14-2012, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 08:12 PM by Ponte92.)
(03-14-2012 01:23 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I actually like fish, french fries (again, sorry-"chips"), english muffins and of course, London Broil. Smile

Don't forget deep-fried mars bars and Bake beans!
(03-14-2012 04:25 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  
(03-14-2012 01:23 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  London Broil. Smile

I don't think there is much of a countries identity in general food any more. Sure there are some "national" dishes but in general food is a mix and has been since they invented boats.

I think that's true in western Europe however having just been to eastern europe they still have there food in there everyday life i found it hard to find places to eat other foods in eastern europe, mind you i was not eating expensive. But I do have to agree with you being here in Australia, we don't really have an 'Australian dish' unless you count kangaroo, here we al just eat food from other places and i love that chose.

And i wouldnt bag english food i love going to eat in england, Black pudding and Yorkshire pudding a particular favourites Big Grin

Talking of Michelin stars I just read this in the paper,
http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/r...1v49n.html

03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
(03-14-2012 08:05 PM)Ponte92 Wrote:  we don't really have an 'Australian dish' unless you count kangaroo

Lamington, Pavlova, Vegemite.

"Many people ask me why I always sign off 'Till we meet again.' Because goodbye is always so final. Goodbye, Dan Wheldon." - Marty Reid
03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
I think we have slightly strayed off the thread topic. Oh well, the rodeo is in town, so I might check out some deep fried pickles.

03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Corn dogs on a stick for the Austin Grand Prix!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Indycar Engaging Fans, or Gimmick? Jackson 5 822 08-31-2015 12:06 AM
Last Post: Neonzapper
  JEV, Silvestro and Rossi Looking for seats in Indycar parrothead 0 525 12-02-2014 09:28 AM
Last Post: parrothead
  Baltimore Indycar 2013 eric4ok 8 1,726 09-14-2013 03:13 PM
  McLaren ECUs not working well in Indycar parrothead 0 840 02-25-2012 12:02 PM
Last Post: parrothead
  Horrific 15 Car Crash 2011 IndyCar World Championships in Las Vegas 300 Yaaay 54 20,796 10-25-2011 01:18 PM