Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Robert Kubica
09-14-2011, 09:45 PM
RE: Robert Kubica
Boullier sets Kubica deadline
Renault team principal Eric Boullier says he needs to know whether Robert Kubica can return to Formula One in 2012 by the end of October.

Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli told the BBC that he would drive ahead of that deadline.

"In October we think he can put a helmet on to give a message on what he can do," Morelli said. "It's important that he can start to drive. Whether it's in a simulator or in a road car is not important ... Robert will decide when he feels he has the condition to drive any car. He has never lost the feeling in his mind that he would be back."

the whole article is here:
http://en.espnf1.com/renault/motorsport/...58821.html

"If there's a red light when you leave the pitlane you have to stop. Then some wooden eye (Hamilton) crashes into you and breaks the car."
- Kimi Raikkonen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Well he better, as according to many observers, he can't fall back on modelling like piquet jnr

[Image: zsolt-baumgartner-minardi.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2011, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 11:34 AM by chemics.)
If he had lost a thumb, or had sufficient injury to loose a thumb, we would probably have seen something in the pictures from a few months back. I can't imagine something like that would have been kept quiet all this time.

They look OK here to my untrained eye.
[Image: tumblr_lmqbltkkjj1qg1izxo1_500.png]
09-15-2011, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 07:00 PM by Neonzapper.)
I should race F1. I'm ALL thumbs.

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
09-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Vettel would argue that the thumb is not the most important finger in F1.
11-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I fear his F1 career is over. Maybe Lemans or DTM?
11-15-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 04:15 PM by chemics.)
(11-15-2011 01:45 PM)parrothead Wrote:  I fear his F1 career is over. Maybe Lemans or DTM?

I wonder, if he can't be cleared medically to drive in F1 will he struggle for LeMans as well?

At the moment it sounds more like it is going to take longer than expected rather than it not happening at all.

If he can't get back into F1 I suspect he would look to WRC, his accident was a freak occurrence and he clearly loves the sport.
Looks like he could test if he wanted as long as the cars are at least two years old, it never hurts having plenty of old cars in the hands of customers that you can run round in at the teams private track as well.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/11/1...d-ferrari/
11-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I agree with something said in another post, I reckon Ferrari might be interested in him if he is able to drive, replace Massa.

"Second is the first of the losers" Richard Hammond
11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
From Joe Saward:-

Originally, Ferrari had an option with Robert Kubica for the Polish driver to join the Italian team in 2013. This was signed in the summer of 2010 and was renewable each year. From what I understand, Ferrari let the option lapse in July this year, at a time when Robert was still recovering from the injuries that he suffered in a rallying accident in February. He remained under contract with Lotus Renault GP until the end of this year. That deal comes to an end in December and while the team may feel a moral obligation to provide the Polish driver with a car in order to ascertain whether or not he is fit to return to racing, there is no commitment beyond that.

In any case, the signs are that either Kubica is not going to be ready to return in time for a Renault test this winter; or that he does not want to race for Lotus Renault GP and would prefer to try to get a job somewhere else. It is logical that Ferrari would retain at least some interest in him given how keen the team was to sign up previously, but there need to be tests, not just to ascertain whether he is still able to compete, but also to help him build up his physical strength, which is an essential part of the recovery process. This is not easy given that there are testing restrictions. Having said that if Kubica is still able to drive as he used to be able to drive, Ferrari is the perfect choice as the Italian team can have him running around at Mugello and Fiorano in a two-year old car every week if it chooses to do so.

All this is theoretical until we discover whether Robert is able to drive F1 cars as he used to, or not. There seem to be different stories coming out of his camp: some saying that he is fine and all is well; and others saying that there is much more recovery needed. The Renault situation is fast becoming irrelevant as unless Robert can show he is strong and ready (and that he wants to continue with the team) the logical thing to do is not to wait, but rather decide between the available talent. There are at least three drivers to choose from at the moment: Vitaly Petrov, Bruno Senna and Romain Grosjean all being in the hunt. Grosjean seems to be the man on the up, while Senna needs a solid result after a series of disappointing showings. The team also has the option of looking at others, such as Adrian Sutil or Timo Glock, who are either under contract but have get-out clauses, or are simply available.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
11-15-2011, 07:51 PM
(11-15-2011 03:29 PM)chemics Wrote:  If he can't get back into F1 I suspect he would look to WRC, his accident was a freak occurrence and he clearly loves the sport.

i don't really want another kimi in wrc.
11-15-2011, 11:45 PM
(11-15-2011 01:45 PM)parrothead Wrote:  I fear his F1 career is over. Maybe Lemans or DTM?
I havent seen any news on him since beginning of November, you really have to wonder if he will be back for 2012 season.

"If there's a red light when you leave the pitlane you have to stop. Then some wooden eye (Hamilton) crashes into you and breaks the car."
- Kimi Raikkonen
11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
(11-15-2011 07:51 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  
(11-15-2011 03:29 PM)chemics Wrote:  If he can't get back into F1 I suspect he would look to WRC, his accident was a freak occurrence and he clearly loves the sport.

i don't really want another kimi in wrc.

You would imagine if he did it he would try and do it properly if he couldn't do F1 rather than also trying his hand at anything else that caught his eye like Kimi. It's not like he would have gone to it after being bored of F1. That said, if his injuries did prevent his return to F1 you would have to wonder how they would affect competitive driving in all classes.

Let's hope it's just a case of talking a little while longer than hoped to fully recover and we get a chance to see if he was really as good as it looked.
11-16-2011, 02:39 PM
(11-16-2011 10:42 AM)chemics Wrote:  Let's hope it's just a case of talking a little while longer than hoped to fully recover and we get a chance to see if he was really as good as it looked.

i think we can all agree on that.
11-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Kubica to miss start of 2012

Robert Kubica has told Renault he will not be ready to return to Formula One for the start of the 2012 season.

http://en.espnf1.com/renault/motorsport/...64997.html

- Kimi Raikkonen
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
'..or he doesn't want to return with them.

11-23-2011, 07:21 PM
(11-23-2011 03:03 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  '..or he doesn't want to return with them.

Wonder how his Italian lessons are progressing

[Image: composite2013.jpg]
Locator of Shruberies
11-23-2011, 11:51 PM
(11-23-2011 07:21 PM)leonbray Wrote:  
(11-23-2011 03:03 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  '..or he doesn't want to return with them.

Wonder how his Italian lessons are progressing
LOL for sure man ! His Renault contract expires next year. Its all coming together now.

"Ferrari are believed to be ready to offer Kubica the chance to test one of their cars when arduous recuperation is complete to prove he has lost none of the speed and skill which made him one of the most highly rated drivers in Formula One prior to his accident in February."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formula...eason.html

- Kimi Raikkonen
11-24-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/175119/1/ku...mpaign=rss

someone will actually work out what is really going on eventually I'm sure.

Kubica's manager is now saying he should be ready for the first race of 2012, it's just testing that is doubtful. Also that his contract ends on Dec 31st 2011 and doesn't run into 2012. That could be interesting for Felipe if it's true, but I find anything about this story hard to believe any more.
11-24-2011, 01:02 PM
(11-24-2011 12:21 PM)chemics Wrote:  Also that his contract ends on Dec 31st 2011 and doesn't run into 2012.

Funny I had never noticed that, but the announcement back in 2010 was already contradictory. I can't find the original on the Renault web site, but these are excerpts from the BBC article (emphasis by me).

Kubica Wrote:That is certainly our target, so we will keep working hard and pushing on every front, not just for the rest of this season but also for next year when there are more big rule changes on the way.

Bouiller Wrote:We are delighted that Robert will remain with us for the next two seasons and I would like to thank him for the faith he has shown in this team

I guess there is an option somewhere, would be interesting to know who has it.
11-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Hmmm, could be an interesting and proper silly season with the CRB getting involved.

Better get a leaving cake for Felipe and Rubens.

11-24-2011, 02:35 PM
(11-24-2011 01:18 PM)Yaaay Wrote:  Hmmm, could be an interesting and proper silly season with the CRB getting involved.

Better get a leaving cake for Felipe and Rubens.

and Kimi is providing the ice cream Big Grin

- Kimi Raikkonen
11-26-2011, 12:40 PM
I won't believe anything I hear about Kubica unless it come directly from him. There are just to many conflicting stories out there.

"Many people ask me why I always sign off 'Till we meet again.' Because goodbye is always so final. Goodbye, Dan Wheldon." - Marty Reid
01-11-2012, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 03:19 PM by chemics.)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96958

There are unconfirmed reports that Kubica has fallen on ice and re-opened a fracture in his leg. It says it will add 3 weeks to his recovery, so it probably isn't a big deal in the scheme of things, but still another injury he could do without.
01-11-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 03:24 PM by cozmoose.)
(01-11-2012 03:19 PM)chemics Wrote:  http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96958

There are unconfirmed reports that Kubica has fallen on ice and re-opened a fracture in his leg. It says it will add 3 weeks to his recovery, so it probably isn't a big deal in the scheme of things, but still another injury he could do without.

BBC twitter confirmed it.

i have no words to describe Robert's continued bad luck. Sad

[Image: rpm_g_wheldon01jr_288.jpg]
01-11-2012, 03:48 PM
.... or is this a ruse to get Felipe's seat?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what ever happened to bob kubica? frankdouglason 20 4,132 03-15-2012 10:49 AM
Last Post: chemics
  Drivers wish Kubica a speedy recovery InterRaptor 7 1,608 03-03-2011 10:51 PM
Last Post: leadfoot
  Who replaces Kubica? cozmoose 73 17,796 02-18-2011 08:19 PM
Last Post: MadManMotors
  Kubica injured in rallye accident InterRaptor 67 14,143 02-13-2011 09:08 PM