Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Australian V8Supercars in New Zealand
04-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Australian V8Supercars in New Zealand
The V8Supercars generally have several races over the event weekend. Rather than calling each event a 'round', each race is considered an individual race. There have been 2 events so far with Sat and Sun races at each event (Aus F1GP races were non-championship races.)

Todays race is classified as Race 5 of the 2011 season. It was a slippery street circuit in New Zealand. If you have the access and time to watch the race, it was full of highlights and drama thanks to rain, road camber, non-functioning windscreen wipers, concrete pit aprons that are like glass when wet, oil on the entry to pit lane, safety cars compressing the field and more.

RESULTS ARE IN THE LINK FOR ANTI-SPOILING PURPOSES.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/championsh...fault.aspx

Not bad for a No. 2 Driver
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2011, 11:14 AM
RE: Australian V8Supercars in New Zealand
I'm watching F1 now but next i will see the V8, i don't have yet all the races of this weekend but i will see the qualifying and first race. I've watched the last race in Albert Park and i was so excited, because it was one of the best race of motorsport i've ever seen, with several changes of weather and seeing 7 guys in front neck by neck, this is what i like in motorsport.
04-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Wow i've just seen the staurday race and it was wild, again the weather took a huge part in the result, raining so heavy that made a lot of driver errors, but for me the accidents that happen in the pit lane were a bit strange, i think the drivers weren't careful enough, if it's raining they have to be extra careful when approaching the pit stop, some of the pit guys had some scary moments.
04-20-2011, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 03:47 AM by Original JB.)
(04-17-2011 06:39 PM)migchaos Wrote:  Wow i've just seen the staurday race and it was wild, again the weather took a huge part in the result, raining so heavy that made a lot of driver errors, but for me the accidents that happen in the pit lane were a bit strange, i think the drivers weren't careful enough, if it's raining they have to be extra careful when approaching the pit stop, some of the pit guys had some scary moments.

I'm amazed that the concrete (like many other tracks) in the pitlane is polished. I can't understand why they're not grooved like NASCAR tracks, modern highways, etc. It also wouldn't help with absorption of spilt fluids.

As for Race 1 - the winner was Rick Kelly. He and his brother bought a team licence a few years ago and this is their first win. The battle between Rick Kelly and 2nd place man Craig Lowndes has deep roots. In 2006, R.Kelly and Lowndes were close on points for the championship going into the final race at Phillip Island. Kelly (in the black and orange Toll car) and Lowndes in a modified liveried car had a coming together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&v=s5-TeLFbmOk
Kelly won the championship and gained a lot of new anti-fans.
Fast-forward to the AusGP race and that's why neither of them gave each other room leading to their crash.
3 weeks later they're in New Zealand and they both want the win due to who their contender is. Great racing.

04-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes it was, i never seen V8 until this season, also i just knew V8 from the browser game batracer, so when i found a good torrent site and saw V8 there i decided to look and it's a really great and competitive motorsport, so now i will try to see all the rounds and get acquaintance with the drivers names and the best ones. The Kelly brothers had a good 1st race but in the second they had problems and didn't get such good result.

The leader of the championship, Whincup had a terrible weekend but still manage to stay in fron of the championship, also the main rival before the championship, Winterbottom, had a bad weekend. I'm a new fan of V8 with so amazing race going on.
04-23-2011, 05:57 AM
(04-20-2011 11:48 AM)migchaos Wrote:  Yes it was, i never seen V8 until this season, also i just knew V8 from the browser game batracer, so when i found a good torrent site and saw V8 there i decided to look and it's a really great and competitive motorsport, so now i will try to see all the rounds and get acquaintance with the drivers names and the best ones. The Kelly brothers had a good 1st race but in the second they had problems and didn't get such good result.

The leader of the championship, Whincup had a terrible weekend but still manage to stay in fron of the championship, also the main rival before the championship, Winterbottom, had a bad weekend. I'm a new fan of V8 with so amazing race going on.

If you have access to a good racing torrent site, and would like to learn about the teams and drivers, there is a 30min programme each week. Search for V8Xtra. It's on every Saturday except race weekends. It's mostly hosted by former drivers/team owners, so they know their stuff and the people in the game.

04-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Well i've found a nice torrent site, that's why i'm watching a lot of motorsport, some i know, others it's the first time. But for V8 i've just catch the qualifying and races, so normally i get knowledge of the drivers and teams from the racing Big Grin, but if i get time i will look for the v8Xtra.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some Action from Gold Coast V8Supercars leonbray 15 3,695 11-03-2010 10:20 AM
Last Post: Original JB
  V8 Supercars on the streets of New Zealand. Rd 4 of 15 Original JB 0 817 04-20-2010 10:48 AM
Last Post: Original JB