Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Red Bull Infiniti
02-27-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2011 03:31 PM by Yaaay.)
Red Bull Infiniti
Well, it just doesn't sound right, does it. Besides Infiniti being virtually unknown in Europe (and I guess this is why they are doing it), it has no racing heritage I know of (again, maybe why they are doing it).

I can hear Clark crying all the way over here.
Oh, and will Bahar be happy when we have a team called "Infiniti Nissan Lotus Lada Renault F1"

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2011, 05:45 PM
RE: Red Bull Infiniti
Nissan make something called a GTR, right? Red Bull GTR sounds kinda cool! Anyway this kinda confirms the rumour of Nissan 'entering' F1.

The Fernandez Lotus will have it's engine labeled Dacia Wink ... and James May will be it's spokesman.

Renault are more of a brand for europe anyway, as they don't seem to sell much in North America, Asia or Australia, which has a smaller population than Shanghai anyway.

[Image: zsolt-baumgartner-minardi.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-27-2011, 06:48 PM
last I checked Renault didn't even try to sell in north America.
02-28-2011, 05:10 AM
I [Image: heart_icon.jpg] my Infiniti coupe.

[Image: rpm_g_wheldon01jr_288.jpg]
02-28-2011, 06:32 AM
If the rumours are true and Red Bull get their engines for free as a result, it's a boost for them. More money to invest in other stuff.

RBI doesn't sound as good as RBR, though.
02-28-2011, 09:52 AM
http://forums.f1weekly.com/showthread.ph...t=infiniti

Might be worth merging threads.

I assume Renault will still be Renault and the engines will be the same, it's just another name to gain maximum promotion for the same investment.
02-28-2011, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 10:00 AM by Yaaay.)
Interesting they chose to do it with the leading team, must have cost them. They could have done this with one of the two Loti teams for a lot less.

02-28-2011, 10:04 AM
It wouldn't make sense to do it with the Renault team as you'd still need to Renault name, the team name would be about as strange as the BMW Sauber Ferrari. I'm guessing they would rather pay top dollar for the Red Bull deal than go with Lotus further down the grid, which is a shame, a decent partnership like that with the extra funds could really help speed their move up the grid.
02-28-2011, 06:27 PM
it would also be easier to identify lotus infinity.

Anyway it looks like they are just giving away the engine for free, for the deal. I suppose with Lotus down the bottom they would have given maybe a discount.

[Image: zsolt-baumgartner-minardi.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 06:26 AM
It seems the engines will not be rebranded, they will stay Renault, at least for the next to years. Infiniti will just be another sponsor and technical partner for RBR.
02-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Red Bull to lose title sponsor Infiniti - report

Germany's Sport Bild reports that the luxury Nissan brand Infiniti does not intend to renew its Red Bull deal beyond 2015:

Feb.20 (GMM) Red Bull could be set to lose its major title sponsor Infiniti.

Just as the world champion team is faltering on the pre-season test circuits, Germany's Sport Bild reports that the luxury Nissan brand Infiniti does not intend to renew its Red Bull deal beyond 2015.

Reports estimate the value of the deal, involving team naming rights and a conspicuous purple presence on the Red Bull livery, at EUR 40 million per year.

It is believed Infiniti is baulking because it wanted to move beyond being merely a financial partner to the top F1 team.

"We know that Infiniti had hopes for a greater technical cooperation," Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko acknowledged.

Former F1 driver Gerhard Berger, a close confidante of team owner Dietrich Mateschitz, commented: "If anyone can overcome the loss of a sponsor, it is Red Bull."

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
02-22-2014, 12:43 PM
it always seemed like an odd match to me, as well as an outright lie to imply that they're running infinity engines.
02-22-2014, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2014 02:56 PM by Neonzapper.)
Influence of F1 sponsorship adds plenty to car sales. If I were Renault-Nissan's C.E.O. sponsoring the team spending 40 millions euros a year, I would push very hard to make the livery oriented more toward my car companies, rather than looking like a large can of energy drink. Now the embarrassment seems to be a V6 engine that can't last very many laps.

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
02-22-2014, 06:24 PM
It's still a Red Bull - Renault that won the championship. I can't see how the Infiniti sponsorship worked at all.

02-22-2014, 08:54 PM
(02-22-2014 02:55 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  Influence of F1 sponsorship adds plenty to car sales.

this is only true if the marketing matches, and i don't think it does. when i picture an infiniti driver, i don't see a red bull drinker. also, infiniti is traditionally an american brand, and americans aren't f1 watchers on a large scale. now, infiniti has been branching out to other markets, but that's a tough row to plow, and i bet a lot of their expansion is into emerging markets which f1 has struggled to break into as well.
02-23-2014, 07:23 AM
(02-22-2014 08:54 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  
(02-22-2014 02:55 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  Influence of F1 sponsorship adds plenty to car sales.

this is only true if the marketing matches, and i don't think it does. when i picture an infiniti driver, i don't see a red bull drinker. also, infiniti is traditionally an american brand, and americans aren't f1 watchers on a large scale. now, infiniti has been branching out to other markets, but that's a tough row to plow, and i bet a lot of their expansion is into emerging markets which f1 has struggled to break into as well.

Infiniti has been an Australian brand for some time also http://www.infiniti-sydney.com.au/?gclid...AodCA0Avg.

Likely the sponsorship allows them to host owner functions at races around the world

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Red Bull Racing- Renault Neonzapper 57 7,698 08-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: Neonzapper
  Daniil Maxed Out Red Bull Nasir 22 1,661 05-17-2016 01:08 PM
Last Post: chemics
  VW to buy Red Bull chemics 28 2,889 10-07-2015 09:57 AM
Last Post: chemics
  How long will Red Bull stick with Renault leonbray 16 1,546 06-19-2015 06:40 PM
Last Post: leonbray
  Vettel's Trading in His Wings...Peace Out Red Bull... Jackson 25 2,503 10-16-2014 09:56 AM
Last Post: Lephturn