Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new F1 games for iPad??
09-24-2010, 12:54 AM
new F1 games for iPad??
Since I have to make an unscheduled trip to Europe, and i have opted for an iPad instead of a cintiq for drawing (surprisingly not stupid like it sounds, the iPad is a genius art tool, I post my work up on my blog naomiandpoggie.blogspot.com) So I have no budget for PS3 at the moment Sad

So I played around with last years iPhone F1 game. It was really unrealistic. It was just testing around all the circuits. F1 has no testing!

I played some racing games on iPad. It looks and feels ridiculous, but I can make an exception for a good F1 game. Anyone know if a propper HD F1 game is coming out? I think codemasters did the last one. It was just potential, nice graphics and all the tracks there. I can't find anything.

[Image: zsolt-baumgartner-minardi.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2010, 01:05 AM
RE: new F1 games for iPad??
nah, there's nothing. the only f1 for ipad is the live timing app. here's my ipad racing lineup:
real racing hd - driver's view racing, steer by turning the ipad like it's a steering wheel
racecar - top-down racer around simple tracks, 1 finger control, fun with multiple people
picogp hd - ipad adaptation of german board game formula de, take turns flinging your car down the track, lots of strategy
htr hd - slot car racing with a decent track editor
Find all posts by this user
09-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Can the iPad be used to control a console like a PS3?

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
09-24-2010, 05:29 AM
I don't think so, but you can from a Nokia 900 or so I believe.
I have a Logitech Harmony super smart remote, but it needs a special adapter. I think I'm going to have to get it.
[Image: 15600.png]

[Image: PzKpfwVI.png]
09-24-2010, 12:45 PM
(09-24-2010 05:09 AM)Yaaay Wrote:  Can the iPad be used to control a console like a PS3?

why would you want that?

there are apps to control computers with it, but i don't know about consoles.
09-24-2010, 12:49 PM
You could have a fully customisable controller interface using the multi touch screen.

09-24-2010, 01:08 PM
that provides no tactile feedback, is awkward to grip, and you have to look at to see which button you're pressing. one of the biggest mistakes that ipad developers make is trying to use traditional control systems. it doesn't work. a customizable control app for a tv or a computer is a good idea, but console gaming moves way too fast.
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2010 09:54 AM by Baumgartnerfan.)
I got those games frank, and the dodgy BMW sauber game. Looks like need for speed shift HD will get a purchase at the airport Tongue
Oh and pole position. That game is weak, but fun.

11-08-2010, 03:15 PM
While I was at the airport waiting for my flight to London, I downloaded the Red Bull F1 game. The racing is pretty ordinary, but probably the best thing for F1 racing on the Pad. Also it's cheap. $2 so nothing to get you bankrupt. A couple of interesting things though, you can unlock videos to download, and besides racing there's an F1 quiz game. Also a pretty cool photo gallery. It's developed by the same guys that did the iPhone BMW Sauber game, so that might give you an Idea of quality, but unlike that game in this one you can't chose a driver Sad So you race as random dude driving a Red Bull. It would of been cool to have the real RB and STR drivers in the mix. The STR drivers get no mention, only the the senior team.

The tracks are funny, race around silverstone and Big Ben is in the background, the Shanghai curcuit has the himalayas in the background, and race next to the bund with the pearl tower somewhere in the middle of the circuit, while Albert park and Monaco seem pretty faithful.

Figured if you have an iPad it's worth a download Wink

06-14-2011, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 09:47 AM by firesnake7.)
Before you buy one you might wanna consider a easy painless raffle there is a raffle going on for a free iPad, only the Wi-Fi version though. It's limited to the first 2000 people. I think it's only for US and Canada though. You have nothing to loose because it's free no info required.
06-14-2011, 07:57 AM
If I don't give any info how will you contact me to tell me I won?
06-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Sorry, you didn't win.

06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
(06-14-2011 09:46 AM)Yaaay Wrote:  Sorry, you didn't win.

Good job I didn't enter then, or did I??
06-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Very good English for a Guangzhou resident.

06-14-2011, 10:07 AM
(06-14-2011 10:01 AM)Yaaay Wrote:  Very good English for a Guangzhou resident.

You banned them!! How am I supposed to win the iPad now??
08-10-2011, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011 03:36 PM by Baumgartnerfan.)
Woo Hoo! I'm downloading F1 2010 the game for iPad! I have no Idea if it's any good, but it's out, and since it's codemasters, I'm hoping it's good! Also, only 2 pounds! Smile I'm hoping it's more than just testing like the iPhone version.
Ok, just had a couple of laps in it. Hmmm as an F1 diehard fan it's ok, and kinda better than the red bull game, but the graphics are a bit boxy, and it's just doing timed laps like on the iPhone. The controls are OK, not awesome, but ok. Why can't they put a dpad on it? Not everyone likes steering their iPad.

Kinda wish they would have put in the current grid. Would love to bang out some laps in the current HRTTongue

Also some racing would be nice.

12-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Code masters F1 game came out for iPad. It's pretty average and a bit buggy at the moment, but you can race against real F1 driver replicas on real tracks. That's kinda cool Smile

Anyone else playing it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Heads up for Kimi fans who have an iPad Baumgartnerfan 5 1,266 02-06-2012 01:05 PM
Last Post: Baumgartnerfan
  Kimi is on his way to iPad and smart phones Iceman 13 3,863 06-02-2011 06:24 PM
  New IPad v2 February 2011? zaochengseo@yahoo.com 20 5,446 03-30-2011 05:51 AM
Last Post: InterRaptor
  Racing Games for Mac Baumgartnerfan 0 949 03-17-2009 02:21 PM
  Anymore F1 games for PS3? parrothead 25 8,773 02-02-2009 07:44 AM
Last Post: parrothead