Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Rubens should bow out gracefully
11-09-2008, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2008 08:24 PM by Chicago1313.)
Rubens should bow out gracefully
Rubens Barrichello should take a cue from David Coulthard and retire gracefully. Barrichello is 36 yrs old and on the down side of his career. It’s time for the "two legged-one" to hang up his helmet. Like I said in an earlier post, grand prix racing is a young man’s game. Honda should put him out of misery and give the seat to either Bruno Senna or Lucas Di Grassi. It’s time to move on. It looks like Ruben’s is going to be one of these athletes’s that hang on too long. So, unless Ruben’s has an epiphany, things can only get ugly from here……….

Cool

The Silver Arrows
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
RE: Rubens should bow out gracefully
I just want Taku back, no matter whether it's a graceful farewell for Rubens...
Maybe we should have a poll who's to replace the two legged-one:
- Takuma Sato
- Lucas di Grassi
- Bruno Senna
- Danica Patrick

Oh and Jenson should be replaced as well in my opinion. Adam Carroll does well in A1GP and did well in GP2. Au revoir, monsieur bouton...

I like good looking cars, too.
[Image: timg404th.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2008 02:16 PM by Chicago1313.)
forza minardi Wrote:I just want Taku back, no matter whether it's a graceful farewell for Rubens...
- Takuma Sato
- Lucas di Grassi
- Bruno Senna
- Danica Patrick

Oh and Jenson should be replaced as well in my opinion. Adam Carroll does well in A1GP and did well in GP2. Au revoir, monsieur bouton...

It's funny you said that about Button, apparently he wants the "two legged-one" to stay. My interpretation of this, he's probably afraid of one of those young guns coming in and rattling his cage!!!

Cool

The Silver Arrows
11-10-2008, 06:27 AM
[Image: 1z3cavc.jpg]

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
11-10-2008, 09:22 AM
forza minardi Wrote:I just want Taku back, no matter whether it's a graceful farewell for Rubens...
- Takuma Sato
- Lucas di Grassi
- Bruno Senna
- Danica Patrick

I would like to see Danica in F1 - not particullary becasue I think she will do well -- basically just for the novelty value --- Adam Carroll - I have only seen him in A1GP but he from what I have seen is showing the requisite skills to do well in F1
11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Danica Patrick has won one oval race in the IRL. I don't think that qualifies her for F1.

“Just leave me alone. I know what to do.”
"I'm only here for the racing. All the other bull$hit I can do without." - Kimi
01-04-2009, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2009 08:18 AM by Baumgartnerfan.)
I think Rubens Barichello will retire Ralf Schumacher style. Although he needs to do a test for a team before March. Do a shoot out for Torro Rosso!

A shame though, as I think he seriously outdrove Button, who in my opinion had his time in F1. He has his token win (In which in my opinion he would have gotten without Alonso retiring as he was seriously catching him that race, and would have passed him IMO), and won't do much more.

I don't buy the age thing. I think Schumi with a good regime could still be competitive, and how old was Mansell when he won his championship? Also let's look at Damon Hill's stats. Rubens has a good record with putting crap cars in good positions (Granted he didn't show it in 2007, he sure did in 2008), and he was a formidable oponent to Schumacher, I think. I would totally give Rubens two or three more years to develop a team or be a number 2 to Lewis for some more farewell podium glory, before he bowes out.

I would retire Fisi, Sutil, Button, Piquet Jnr before I would boot out Rubens.

[Image: zsolt-baumgartner-minardi.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-17-2012, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 10:03 PM by Neonzapper.)
Watching Rubeanio place around P16 in Indy Racing in a car that should be in last place, shows he can still drive well, but he's eyeing a ride back in F1... http://planetf1.com/driver/18227/7991445...n-an-asset http://www.f1today.net/en/news/williams-...arrichello

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
08-17-2012, 10:03 PM
i would be shocked if he made it back to f1 with any team. he's too old, and he wasn't great in his prime.
08-18-2012, 03:13 AM
(08-17-2012 09:58 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  Watching Rubeanio place around P16 in Indy Racing in a car that should be in last place

The car that should be in last place is in last place most of the time, and it's not Rubens', it has a Lotus engine.
09-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Rubens has just twitted that he will have majors news later today... a return to F1, maybe?
https://twitter.com/rubarrichello

Ad Astra Per Audacia
09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
i would bet dollars to doughnuts that it is not a return to f1.
09-25-2012, 04:15 AM
He is going to be a guest at a Brazilian stock car race. Not major news for many people, but maybe for him it is? He's getting a lot of money for his child protection association to drive, so maybe that's it.
09-25-2012, 04:50 AM
when you've been chewed up and spit out the bottom of the racing world, it doesn't take much to call something major news. he just finished fighting with old friends takuma sato and justin wilson for mediocre indycar results. i bet he's excited to be at a race where he'll be considered a big dog.
11-30-2014, 05:11 PM
(09-25-2012 04:15 AM)InterRaptor Wrote:  He is going to be a guest at a Brazilian stock car race. Not major news for many people, but maybe for him it is? He's getting a lot of money for his child protection association to drive, so maybe that's it.
...and the two-legged Ruubbbineeeeooooooooooooo is the World Champion! ...

[Image: 1fxnqg.jpg]

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
11-30-2014, 08:12 PM
I like Rubens.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
12-01-2014, 04:03 PM
(11-30-2014 05:11 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 04:15 AM)InterRaptor Wrote:  He is going to be a guest at a Brazilian stock car race. Not major news for many people, but maybe for him it is? He's getting a lot of money for his child protection association to drive, so maybe that's it.
...and the two-legged Ruubbbineeeeooooooooooooo is the World National Champion! ...

There, I've fixed that for you. Wink