Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Controller Wheel Works For F1 PS3
10-10-2008, 12:58 AM
What Controller Wheel Works For F1 PS3
OK - I finally broke down and bought a 52" wide screen plasma so I could enjoy watching the races. To get the most out of HD I figured I needed a blu-ray player so I bought the PS3. Since the PS3 is a great gaming console I ordered F1 Racing Championship Edition from Amazon. Since I had the F1 game, I bought the Logitec Racing Wheel and Pedals and then spent an hour on the phone with tech support only to find out that the F1 game does not work with this wheel. Has anyone found a good racing wheel that works with the F1 PS3 software?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2008, 01:38 AM
RE: What Controller Wheel Works For F1 PS3
The logitech g25 is definitely very nice for the PS3. I have used it with GT:5 and it is so much better than just using a controller. If it's not outside of what you want to spend for one, I highly recommend it.

10-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Ok, sorry for going (partly) off topic.

I've been playing the F1 Championship Edition game for 18 Months now. It's a good game, but I've had enough of driving for the championship in a 2006 Williams or a 2006 BMW with Villeneuve as teammate...

Does anyone know if there's a new game coming soon for PS3 (supposedly not, thank you Sony, thank you Bernie. Again.)

Can you recommend any other games that work on the PS3 and include open wheel racing? I'm sure as hell not going to buy the Nascar 08 game cause I can't calculate the points myself, too complicated...

I like good looking cars, too.
[Image: timg404th.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I just bought a logitech driving force wireless wheel for the PS3. It sits nicely on your lap (also it doesn't move around on you) and the gas and brake are on the steering wheel itself. I have to say I love the force feeback on the wheel. Its one easy piece to store away. If you like to drive using an automatic gearbox this is a great wheel. I wouldn't recommed it you like to race using a manual shifter. I got mine off ebay for $71.00. It's $99.00 new. I love mine. It works with F1, grid, GT5p, NASCAR, and Dirt.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming...5&cl=us,en
10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Anything made by logitech is the way to go. I think there is or will be a GT 5 wheel and those are always nice
10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
parrothead Wrote:I just bought a logitech driving force wireless wheel for the PS3. It sits nicely on your lap (also it doesn't move around on you) and the gas and brake are on the steering wheel itself. I have to say I love the force feeback on the wheel. Its one easy piece to store away. If you like to drive using an automatic gearbox this is a great wheel. I wouldn't recommed it you like to race using a manual shifter.  I got mine off ebay for $71.00. It's $99.00 new. I love mine. It works with F1, grid, GT5p, NASCAR, and Dirt.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming...5&cl=us,en
Gamestop has this whell new for $79.99.
It works with Ferrari Challenge too.

I love mine!
10-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Logitech G25 is best, it works with PS2, 3 and PC.  The creme de la creme of wheels.
For serious racers onlyWink

[Image: PzKpfwVI.png]
03-17-2009, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2009 07:46 PM by tsarcasm.)
I have a Logitech G-Force Pro.  It's a good wheel, has force feedback and 900 degrees of motion or so (2.5 turns lock-lock). There are newer and more expensive wheels out there, like the G25.  G25 is a great wheel, but a pro can be had for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price and has most of the same features (no clutch pedal, or shift gate)   I did go overboard with the stand and faux-Sparco seat.  Though it does have adjustable sliders and recline Smile

[Image: GT4station.jpg]
04-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Big Grin RE: What Controller Wheel Works For F1 PS3
I have the Logitech Driving Force Pro myself and I hear that's the wheel to use if you're to play F1:CE. Better to have the buttons on the wheel handy if you're to make any adjustments to the car while on track or need to make the call to the pits. Wink

As for what I have the wheel on, I brought a Fanatec RennSport Wheel Stand for $145 + $10 for the pedal stopper of theirs and it's working fine and dandy for me. It's better than using a TV tray. Big Grin

-Christopher 'CAMikaze' Mattiuz ^_^
Username pronounced as 'kamikaze' Wink
04-10-2009, 02:46 PM
And why not get the ultimate accessory for your wheel
http://www.playseats.biz/shop/cat043.php?n=1

Please note Sato isn't included in the dealWink

[Image: PzKpfwVI.png]
04-10-2009, 03:23 PM
hahaha, that's the closest sato will ever get to driving in f1 again.

forza, there's been a new f1 game (along with a wtcc game) sitting at the bottom of ign's release date schedule for a good long while now. so that means they're currently interested or trying, but it's still 6 months away at the very least and might never happen.
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
The issue I've had with GT5 on the PS3 was finding a steering wheel that remained stable. Thank you Thrustmaster for finally solving my problem
[Image: thrustmaster.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Review of F1 Championship Edition for the PS3 tankslapper 25 7,655 02-11-2010 04:11 PM
Last Post: TeamPenske
Question GT5 Demo (PS3) CAMikaze 6 1,762 12-21-2009 03:30 PM
Last Post: chemics
  Anymore F1 games for PS3? parrothead 25 9,247 02-02-2009 07:44 AM
Last Post: parrothead
  PS3 DavidF1weekly 44 12,177 03-08-2007 09:35 AM
Last Post: ROE_Wedge