Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Online Feeds
04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: Online Feeds
(04-02-2014 06:03 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  I don't find that unusual in the least. I would imagine all of Buffalo has adopted a different hockey team Smile

*sigh* why do i so often feel like you only read one out of every five sentences?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
(04-02-2014 05:26 PM)drmarkf Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 06:52 PM)trickydicky Wrote:  Martin Brundle and David Croft supported by Ted Kravitz, Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert make a great broadcasting team.

I think they could replace the main sky sports anchor with someone else though - a slightly more established briton - maybe Jim Rosenthal could make a comeback?

They've got too many people.

Damon Hill is a really nice guy, but a bit damp and superfluous on screen, and Ant Davidson is much punchier and more up to date (I don't think he's doing it this year).

You've forgotten Natalie Pinkham, who's actually a very lively and engaging presenter and good at doorstepping people in the paddock. She's miles better than Suzi Perry for the Beeb, who regularly grinds to a halt and seems half asleep most of the time.

The anchor's Simon Lazenby, who I agree is pretty useless.

They had Bruno Senna guesting on the SkyPad on Sunday and he was OK, but still not a patch on Ant.

I agree Ted, MB, Crofty and Johnny are excellent. Ted has really matured as a broadcaster this year.

I completely agree there is too many people. But I don't know who I would drop. I certainly wouldn't replace Damon Hill with Ant Davidson. I mean Davidson is a nice guy but he is a little too excitable.

I also have a bit of a problem with 'expert analysis' from drivers who have only had a short stint in F1. Especially when they are stating the obvious.

Every time I hear Johnny speak I just think to myself what a nice man he seems like. Interestingly I don't think someone like Eddie Jordan would work on Sky.

"Woof Woof"
[Image: jkvnl4.jpg]
04-02-2014, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 10:58 PM by Neonzapper.)
(04-02-2014 08:06 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 06:03 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  I don't find that unusual in the least. I would imagine all of Buffalo has adopted a different hockey team Smile

*sigh* why do i so often feel like you only read one out of every five sentences?
Not with everyone's posts, however to mess up a quote from Paul Newman- I see a lot of hamburger while looking for the steak.

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
04-02-2014, 11:02 PM
(04-02-2014 10:56 PM)Neonzapper Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 08:06 PM)frankdouglason Wrote:  

Not with everyone's posts, however to mess up a quote from Paul Newman- I see a lot of hamburger while looking for the steak.

i appreciate the admission at least. it explains the multitude of non sequitur replies.
07-04-2014, 10:29 AM
whaaaaa.....

VIPBOXUS.CO stream source is apparently no more ....!

DAMMIT... I've grown uncomfortably attached to the Sky and BBC streaming... ok mainly sky

anyone have any options...??

Leigh Diffey is seriously grating the hell out of me...my kingdom for a Bob Varsha called race!!

thank you

[Image: beachside3-6-10AxisElite41.jpg]

Custom Supercharged, Supra 2JZ - 380RWHP.
Raptorsc.com.au - God Bless Aussie engineering!
07-04-2014, 10:48 AM
(07-04-2014 10:29 AM)ballzout in so cal Wrote:  whaaaaa.....

VIPBOXUS.CO stream source is apparently no more ....!

DAMMIT... I've grown uncomfortably attached to the Sky and BBC streaming... ok mainly sky

anyone have any options...??

Leigh Diffey is seriously grating the hell out of me...my kingdom for a Bob Varsha called race!!

thank you

someone I work with says (excuse my spelling, I'm sure Google will find it for you) wizzywig is good for sports feeds. I've never tried it, but that's how he watches F1 and I think it includes Sky feeds.
07-04-2014, 10:50 AM
these guys already have it set up again under new URL...

this is working
http://www.vipboxam.co/motorsports/95559...nline.html

enjoy!!

07-04-2014, 10:51 AM
I checked the name it's wiziwig.tv if anyone needs a different source.
07-04-2014, 11:18 AM
VIP box keeps changing URL, presumably as they keep getting shut down, for some reason, can't think why.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
07-04-2014, 03:11 PM
it has been very stable thru the 1st 8 races of the season.....

I've been enjoying the UK feeds thoroughly after you guys here tipped me to it..

REALLY glad to see we still have an option....

Yeay...!!!

BTW... do you guys use any group chat room (?) to comment during races or quali...? there is a chat box on the vip site I've been getting more active in when it opens up for me ... pretty regular group of people in there from all over the globe....

E.

07-04-2014, 03:40 PM
We chat on skype text during quali and races, usually a few of us on from all over the globe.

I won't be on this weekend as I am going to Silverstone.

[Image: 29qbihk.jpg]
07-04-2014, 04:41 PM
I miss the BBC and SKY reporters on VIPBOX. I may skip the hamburgers of Diffy/Hobbs/Matchett on NBCSports and go for some real steak on VIPBOX again! Big Grin

[Image: 33nx3xs.jpg][Image: znqura.gif]
Go FERRARI !..... Go HAAS !
03-27-2017, 02:17 PM
I might be late to the party, but I just discovered the "Motorsport Replays" app on Kodi this weekend. They have some live feeds, but also a huge selection of replays from numerous series. Definitely worth checking out if you have a kodi box and haven't got it already.
03-28-2017, 03:24 AM
Fortunately I no longer have to chase treams as I have pay tv and Fox Sports now have a dedicated channel for F1 races
03-28-2017, 08:34 AM
(03-28-2017 03:24 AM)Koala Wrote:  Fortunately I no longer have to chase treams as I have pay tv and Fox Sports now have a dedicated channel for F1 races

I got to the point I couldn't justify cable for the few races I was watching. I now pay for the official app/feed for MotoGP and MXGP. Supercross don't offer a service in Canada but seem to allow users to post races on Dailymotion and F1 I watch rarely enough that I don't even know if I would pay for an app, but don't get the choice.

I have to believe F1 will have an official app/feed service sooner rather than later. If they want to attract the Millennials to watch they need to, they just don't consume media in the same way as previous generations.
03-29-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm just using racingfor.me until they give me something I can stream directly. The good news is that I think the new owners are open to that.

I held off on the app subscription this year - I was worried the racing would be garbage with the new rules - and I might be right. We'll see if we get a decent race in the next few, but as of now I'm not that interested.

Lephturn

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Podcast #188 online now. DavidF1weekly 1 1,011 07-08-2007 08:04 PM
Last Post: trickydicky