F1weekly.com Forums
How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Printable Version

+- F1weekly.com Forums (http://forums.f1weekly.com)
+-- Forum: Pit Lane Rumors and Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Scuttlebutt (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: How I love to live in the counrtyside. (/showthread.php?tid=677)

How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-10-2007 08:52 AM

The smell of manure blowing through the windows is such a special feeling.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Miguel - 06-10-2007 10:13 AM

There's nothing like the smell of manure in the morning...smells like...what????

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Apexslide - 06-10-2007 10:43 AM

Sorry about that, I had some white castles last night.

If you don't know what a white castle is, AKA slider, you HAVE to try it if you come to indy for the USGP. The world just isn't the same after you have had a slider.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Jackson - 06-10-2007 10:48 AM

That's so funny because the first time I ate at White Castle was when I was in Indy for the USGP. That is hilarious.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-10-2007 10:51 AM

I'm soooo confused.

White Castle?

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Miguel - 06-10-2007 11:50 AM

courtesy of Wikipedia:
White Castle is the oldest American hamburger fast food restaurant chain. It is known for square burgers, referred to as "sliders" or "hockey pucks", which were priced at five cents until the 1940s, and remained at ten cents for years thereafter while growing smaller. For several years, when the original burgers sold for five cents, White Castle periodically ran promotional ads in local newspapers which contained coupons offering five burgers for ten cents, takeout only. The typical White Castle restaurant architecture features a white exterior with a crenelated tower at one corner to resemble a medieval castle. The Chicago Water Tower, which stands on Michigan Avenue's Magnificent Mile, is said to be the model for the classic building.

I have to say that the connection to this thread is either obscure or very scary Wink

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-10-2007 12:40 PM

Lets talk about something they don't understand!

Why does the Ipod eadphones always get tangled?

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - patrickjay - 06-10-2007 01:26 PM

Miguel, the only thing more freightening than your all-encompassing knowledge of white castle, is the fact that tricky dicky has possibly never heard of them at all. he's really gotta get out more often!!--

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-10-2007 01:32 PM

Miguel had no idea! He looked on Wikipedia....

White Castle is not Burger King! We don't have them in Europe!

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - patrickjay - 06-10-2007 01:40 PM

trickydee- trust me, your NOT missing anything. white castles sales skyrocket after midnite when the drunks line up to scarf down "food" (for lack of a better term) that they will be "returning" (read-upchucking) within a hand full of hours. its not pretty.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Miguel - 06-10-2007 01:57 PM

trickydicky Wrote:Lets talk about something they don't understand!

Why does the Ipod eadphones always get tangled?

That's something that has always bothered me!!!!
Some guy developed a system of equations to explain the behaviour of bedsheets inside a washing machine (everything tends to end inside the "ederdow cover" -sorry not sure of the word).
I'm sure there has to be model that explains this nasty headphone behaviour. Somebody has got to see the market potencial of "self-untagle headphones"!!!

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Jackson - 06-10-2007 03:33 PM

Anyone see the movie Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle? That would explain a lot. Though I have to admit, I enjoyed White Castle when I was in Indy and I was in no way unsober. We don't have them down in NC.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - roguescout - 06-10-2007 04:20 PM

We call them, "Belly Bombs" over here. Not because of them hitting your gut so hard, but because of the peculiar results in the toilet the next morning that resembles something akin to Tokyo in 1942 or Dresden in 1945.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-10-2007 07:50 PM

I'm confused!

This topic is now about Trains

The local trains in my area are:

[Image: Class_450_Waterloo.jpg]
[Image: 390029_%27City_of_Stoke-on-Trent%27_at_B...Street.JPG]

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - roguescout - 06-10-2007 08:07 PM

Here is a good recipe for waffles:

* 1 3/4 cup flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 3 eggs
* 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 cups milk

Preheat the waffle iron. Sift the dry indredients into a medium sized bowl. Separate the eggs, putting the egg whites in smaller bowl. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff. (If you are using an electric mixer, you can beat the egg whites first, then beat the batter without having to wash the beaters. The reverse is not true. If you beat the batter first and you have to wash the beaters before beating the egg whites.) Add the egg yolks, oil and milk all at one time to the dry indredients. Beat until there are no lumps in the batter. Fold the egg whites into the other batter using a spatula or other flat utinsel. Put a full 1/2 cup of batter in your waffle iron to make a 9-inch round waffle. This recipe makes about eight 9 inch waffles.

If this recipe makes too many waffles for one setting, try freezing the waffles you do not eat. After the waffles have been cooked in the waffle iron, put them out on a cooling rack. When they are cool, place them in a plastic bag taking out as much air from the bag as possible. Then freeze the bag of waffles. The next time you want a quick waffle, microwave one from the freezer for about 45 to 60 seconds. They are almost as good as fresh waffles.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Jackson - 06-10-2007 11:40 PM

I have a dog

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - bobhereyo - 06-10-2007 11:57 PM

This is my favorite train to ride on!

[Image: wdw-monorail.jpg]

Jackson Wrote:I have a dog

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - ELCelica - 06-11-2007 03:19 AM

so I built an on-board camera for my Celica out of KNEX recently...

how much further off topic can we get?
I do live out in the middle of nowhere though.
and I've never had White Castle, mostly because I Saw something on TV once where apparently White Castle Burgers are made with baby food or something like that. plus they're so darn tiny.

to push things even more off topic, anyone else like Qdoba? (do they have those in Europe?)

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-11-2007 11:59 AM

Anyone want to be my friend.

Im currently dating a toilet.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Miguel - 06-11-2007 12:36 PM

I used to work for McDonald's! and I never pee upwind!

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - gihdora - 06-11-2007 01:16 PM

I've been on the Flying Scotsman when it was touring the US in the '70s.

[Image: fscot1.gif]

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-11-2007 07:34 PM

[Image: Eurostar2_resize.jpg]

Going on this baby soon...to dull France for the day.

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Miguel - 06-11-2007 07:41 PM

Cadavre exquis!

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - trickydicky - 06-11-2007 07:44 PM

Miguel Wrote:Cadavre exquis!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

RE: How I love to live in the counrtyside. - Miguel - 06-11-2007 08:08 PM

Exquisite Corpse